Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: First hand post, don\'t spare me

What full house potential? Aces full is a losing hand for you here (unless you are already ahead). Two outs (or none) is all you have.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:51 AM

Geez, I've never heard of that hand. No wonder I've been losing money hand over fist!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 AM

Yes, you are right of course. Unfortunately, in the seven seconds I had to decide, I made the rather stupid assumption that it wasn't likely anyone had an ace.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:33 PM

I've only seen one comment on his PF play here. But, with 2 limpers, isn't 88 on the button a raise?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:35 PM

Depends. I definitely raise 99+ here. I think limping with 88 here is okay.

Edit - I also didn't noticed this was 6-way.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:40 PM

PF is borderline between limp and raise. With just 1 limper before me, I'll raise in position. With 3 limpers before me, I'll limp along in position. I could go either way in this case, but I tend to limp.

Fold the flop. You are either drawing dead or to 2 outs.

If the board had come AA5 or 77T, that would be a totally different situation. As it is, you have very little going for you here except your position.

Edit: Just noticed hand was 6-handed. This changes things, but I'm no expert at HUSH play. This hand belongs in the HUSH forum.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:44 PM

I believe SSH has 99 raising on the button, 88 calling. Unless I have solid reads and good position on the table, I stick with Ed's advice to the letter, and I think Nilbud is right to "toe the line" at this stage.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 PM

Preflop: consider raising here depending upon the limping standards of the two players to your right who limped. With no reads, a limp definitely isn't bad.

Flop: Ok, in an idealized world, either you are behind here, or ahead. If you are ahead, you should be raising to protect your hand. If you are behind you should muck since you only have two outs and not nearly enough pot odds. Calling is out of the question unless....

...you are calling because you may have the best hand and you aren't sure. In that case, you'll probably have to call all the way down to the river to see a showdown. You'll be paying 5 SB for a chance to win 14 to 18 SB (could be worse too if there's raising). So will you win this 25% of the time? I don't think so. It might be close with one better, but after the other guy calls, I think making an overcall here is terrible personally.

Even if the PF-raiser didn't hit at all, the flop caller may have hit the T or may be waiting to raise the turn with an A. You may already be drawing to two outs. I prefer to wait until a more clear cut position to push my edges.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM

"Flop: Ok, in an idealized world, either you are behind here, or ahead. If you are ahead, you should be raising to protect your hand. "

protecting from who?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:20 PM

If you are up against KQo and J9o then you are ahead, right? And you don't want your hand to be outdrawn by overcards to your 8's right?

Note, I didn't say he was ahead. Just saying that if he is ahead, he should protect his hand.

Or are you asking who's going to fold? Maybe nobody, but if you are ahead, you're giving them a chance to fold or make them pay the price if they want to stay. This is partly value, partly protection.