Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Paradise 25$ NL hand

What 25NL games are you playing... I want in.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:33 AM

This is an excellent point. Another example of this situation is when you have 22 and the flop comes down A42 (two diamonds). With your amazing hand reading abilities you put your opponent on AK of diamonds.

Against some players, they will call all in with this on the river. Almost all players will call all in with this on the flop.

Some you should put all in on the flop, some on the turn, some on the river.

The same concept applied in another situation.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What 25NL games are you playing... I want in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 6 max. Absolute gold mine.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:42 AM

I play that and I hardly ever see people go to the felt without at least TPTK. Many times they even fold that to some strong aggression. I must be missing some juicy games... I have not seen one person call an all in preflop with less than AK... maybe my table selection is just horrible.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:52 AM

I could post hands, but we would be here all night. Let's just say that people calling all-in preflop with A6s, KQo, etc is the norm rather than the exception, in my experience. Maybe it is table selection. I do data mine for at least 30 hands before I sit and won't sit at a table without at least 2 people seeing over 60% of flops. I also like to have at least one person raising 30% preflop. The more maniacs the merrier.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Kaz and Worstplayer,

I think you both make good points, hopefully you are willing to dig deeper with me.

Worst, for the hand in question, the push after the reraise is a no brainer in my opinion. After a player commits half of his stack, your folding equity rapidily approaches zero.

So lets go back to the start of the round. I am first to act with 6 players in the hand, and a nice pot 6$. You mention getting all in, would you lead out? Check raise? What about if you believed there was post flop folding equity (at this table, there absolutely was)? With F.E. I think trying to get heads up against TP is the best situation if you can get it. I think you definitely get paid off on your straight, and I disagree that you cant check a made flush to induce a bluff on the turn, especially if the pot isn't overly large. There are 16 scare cards (6 make higher flush, 10 make full house), and he isnt drawing all of them. So if you think there is a 50/50 chance they will make a pot sized bet (they wont think they are bluffing with TP) you win. Thoughts?

Kaz,
Do you think there is a difference in this case, b/c in this case you havent made a hand, so folding equity becomes more valuable. In the case you mentioned, you have the best hand and if the other player improves you have zero F.E. into a nut flush. In the case of the double draw you may be able to win with a bet into an overcard on the turn. Thoughts?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:45 PM

I know I still have a lot to learn...

I like $6 on the flop better, but the $3 is ok too. After the re-raise though, you're getting 12-5 payoff on a call (for a 20-5 chance), and getting 24-17 payoff on the all-in(for a 49-17 chance). I don't like either of those options.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the re-raise though, you're getting 12-5 payoff on a call (for a 20-5 chance)

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop 6$ + 3$(my bet) + 8(his bet) = 17$ - 5$ call.
I'm not sure where you are getting the 20-5 from. I am assuming you are talking about my chances of hitting on the turn. I have 8 cards that make my straight + 7 cards to make my flush (9 - 2 that count for straight flush). There are 47 cards remaining so it is 47-15 against me making it or apx 16 -5.

[ QUOTE ]
24-17 payoff on the all-in(for a 49-17 chance). I don't like either of those options.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the all-in. I was raising 19$ (5$call + 14$ raise) to win a 50$ pot (6$preflop +3$my bet + 8$his bet + 19$mine + 14$ his call)=50$.

So I would have the same 15 outs, but would have two cards remaining to complete my hand. Depending on what he holds, I am either a slight favorite or a 2-1 underdog, so no matter what I was getting correct odds to go all-in. Also there is a chance that he would fold to my raise (folding equity), increasing the profitability of the move.

I hope this helps, let me know if I am wrong somewhere
Old 02-02-2005, 04:19 PM

when you are the favorite, you aren't the one drawing.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you are the favorite, you aren't the one drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are actually a 56+% favorite against AJ as long as they dont have any clubs. Your in worse shape against AJc, but still around 2-1 dog at worst