Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Comments on QQ Please

[ QUOTE ]
How big of a rock? It matters alot here. A big rock I would play it like you did. A little rock who is just a too tight TAG I would 3 bet the turn before calling down if he caps. I don't think you have to worry about CO at all here.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm suspecting either a vulnerable hand or insufficient sample size in the read due to the turn check-raise. a huge hand or a true straightforward rock would tend to just bet the turn. the cold-callers in between give you much more leeway to 3-bet the turn for value as well.

but yeah, "rock" is not specific enough sometimes.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi Brad,

I dunno Brad, we have a couple goobers stuck in the middle with their crappy pair hands or inside straight draws or whatever. Wouldn't we rather get their money on the flop when they are guaranteed to call? We have a really strong hand here and it really doesn't matter what comes on the turn we aren't going anywhere, so I don't see why waiting to see what the turn brings is better. Besides the turn could come T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and now the plan has gone all to hell. It would be painful to not cap the flop and have SB lead the turn and they both fold their crappy draws. Against goobers I tend to get all the money in as quick as I can.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is perfect to just call the flop 3-bet, and raise everyone on the turn. If he makes it 3-bets and has KK, so be it. The flop cap really makes little sense in this spot.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the optimistic side of things, but what if something like the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes and SB bets and it comes 2 bets to us.. we call figuring our rivered boat could be good, then SB 3-bets and its capped back to us... fold? meh, that could happen anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i guess I can see the smooth-call, but I can also see SB leading the turn after our cap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone!

I cannot recall the exact figures, but the SB probably had around 50 hands (I use PT with a HUD). I'm thinking about a 14% VPIP and a very small PFR and not very aggressive post-flop (maybe I'm not using the term "rock" correctly).