Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Someone save me...

Another session tonight...25 tourneys, 3 2nds, 2 1sts, net -$170. Anyone want to look at some hand histories for me?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: At what point do you re-evaluate your play?

Play a few $1 or $5 games in a game you hardly understand.

It might help you to think in terms of pure chip strategy and as you won't know what your hand is anyway, it may help focus with the timing of raises and understanding of blinds again.

I'm not saying play 1000 of those, but 2 or 3 will be a little fun and might get you looking at the basics again more readily than doing it with hands you may be currently playing instinctively incorrectly.

Just a thought.

Lori
Old 01-12-2005, 03:27 AM

I would try that, but I think I have a decent grasp of all the games out there. I started playing Stud8 SNGs for fun (and profit, actually quite easy from what I've seen) and am doing that the rest of the night probably since I can't handle losing my ass in $20s the rest of the night.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:28 AM

Although, I do enjoy Pineapple sometimes, I wish Party offered it. I wish they offered Razz as well...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:30 AM

*Disclaimer, I have never tried this although I have intended to before.

How about a $1 with your cards covered up?

Lori
Old 01-12-2005, 03:30 AM

I am going to be harsh.

I have decided that your problem is your attitude. It has been suggested to you, by more than one person, that your problem might be preflop strategy, and yet you decline to admit this might be a possibility. THIS IS YOUR FLAW.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:33 AM

Default RE: Lorinda\'s idea

What a great idea! I think you could learn a lot from that.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:33 AM

Or...I could always go the route of below and push on EVERY hand hah. Think I'm just gonna stick with Stud8 the rest of the night, I enjoy it and I can't get too pissed off at it...especially since they're just $10 buyins...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:39 AM

I didn't dismiss it entirely, I just don't think that's the problem. I've been paying attention more to what I'm playing preflop, but I still don't see anything wrong with it, and it's in line with everything I've readon here about it. I do have a bad attitude a lot of times, and losing certainly doesn't help it.

A common theme the past 2 days (keep in mind my streak is running on a week and a half now) is that late with 4 or 5 handed I'm getting caught stealing way too often. I'll have an alright stealing hand, but when I get called by a blind (literally, from what I can remember, everytime it's the blind the past couple days) that has QQ, KK, or AA. Then when I get a nice PP like that late, it'll be folded to me in the blind, or everyone will fold to a raise and I can't really limp that's a bit obvious when I've been raising or folding every hand.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 AM

Feel free to take a bit of time off. Then feel just as free to look over many of your HH (at random) from both your good streaks and bad streaks. Continue to feel free to discuss concepts on this forum that pop up in your mind.

Then feel free to start playing poker again with a newfound confidence and conviction.

FWIW, it sounds from your tone and such, that *now* is the time for you to start re-evaluating your play -- as much for psychological reasons as possible skill reasons.

Also, at *all* points should you be re-evaluating your play (to some degree anyway) -- but a more major re-evaulation may be in order. Hence the value in taking time off to gain some perspective.

Yugoslav