Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: I need a table coach coach (very low content)

[ QUOTE ]

Heh. You are my new hero. The little chat with your table coach was gold, baby! GOLD!

When someone tells you how many BB they are up and carries it to the second decimal, you know that they haven't gotten laid in at least 3 years. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing better than using BB is when coach tells a fish what his VP$IP is like a fish is supposed to know what that means.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going all-in with 10-9 was pretty dumb. If you make a habit of plays like that, you will lose a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, absolutely. Truly a horrendous idea. Not recommended. Mucho -EV (3.5 to 1 underdog, getting only 2 to 1?). As awful a NL player as I am, even I know that.

The honest answer for why it happened?

(a) I hadn't noticed that players at the table had changed and we'd lost the guys betting and raising big with powerful hands like J5o. Not paying attention is also -EV.

(b) This was micro-limit, and I was playing with Prima's money and that of earlier suckout victims, not a deposit.

(c) After sucking out and doubling up off BranMuffin in the tournament playing the powerful 10-3 sooted, I felt almost invincible. Tilt. -EV.

(d) The beer might have had something to do with it, too.

Horrible play, but hardly the single worst play ever.

I really wanted the opportunity to tweak the coach by telling him I'd played 75% of all hands, but I didn't get the chance.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 PM

I sure hope my table coach is on tonight. I can't wait to tell him about my latest horrible play - getting a piece of the Prima bad beat mini-jackpot.

Sucked out runner-runner quad 8s to beat flopped 7s. Loser was nice enough to let me dump a bunch of money into the pot without getting too carried away -- I was in the BB and never had a clue he had quads. Another awful, lucky play rewarded!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:26 PM

Very patient of you. Zen tabletalk. I wouldn't have stayed around at an empty table to speak with him all that long. He wasn't all that entertaining. I like mine a lot more angry.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:05 AM

Clearly, "students of the game" which would include those who buy poker tracker, are not necessarily calm and accepting of "sklansky buck" losses.

I am sick of table coaches in my limited play thus far myself. My comment tonight: "Here comes the 'bad beat' lecture series."