Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 2+2 table hand.. i misplayed.. how should i have played it?

sitting here reading it, not at the table and in the situation, i say that a cap from a tight opponent comes only from KK, KA, AA.

so on the flop, i bet to which he will raise, and then i 3-bet.
if he caps me on the flop, i call w/ tears in my eyes- maybe i'll get bailed out on the turn.
if he calls, he may have KA, and i'm still ahead.

on the turn, when the ace falls, i check/fold. i don't think i'm good 1/6 times and don't have odds to chase a Q that may not help me anyways...
Old 12-09-2004, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The LRR was for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been think about this hand a little and I think it all comes down to this quote.

You don't have to have a big pocket pair to LRR. Once it is down to just you two, you might reraise with anything. By extention, he might cap it with anything. He might even be less likely to cap with AA, KK, or AK so he can trap you later. In short, I do not think either player can put the other player on a hand (other than you were willing to limp and he was willing to try to isolate you).

Having said that, I think bet/3-bet it on the flop and slow down after the second time he raises me (whether that second raise comes as a cap on the flop or a raise on the turn). The Ace is annoying, but all it does is make sure I slow down to that second raise.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:58 PM

well my decision to LRR was for kicks, my range and his range are fairly unaffected.

let's just say he may have raised light, but he did not cap light, and the main questions are postflop lines.

he will have QQ+ or AK most of the time and throw in an occasionally JJ (say he caps 50% of the time with JJ here).

if I give you that range, what postflop line is best?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:23 PM

Bet/call, check/call, check/call. Check/call, check/call, bet would probably also be acceptable.

I know he's a tightish TAG, but if you're LRRing, you're going to have a goofy image. If he's raising with KQs he's probably capping with it, especially in position.

Against AA-88, AKs-AQs, KQs, AKo -- on this flop, you're 61.3% to be good by the river. Once the turn comes with say the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you're going to be good 43.7% of the time.

If you can risk being pushed off by a better hand, you could bet/call, bet/fold, but I don't like that line much since it risks 2BB and you can see a showdown here for 2.5.

Rob
Old 12-09-2004, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he will have QQ+ or AK most of the time and throw in an occasionally JJ (say he caps 50% of the time with JJ here).

[/ QUOTE ]
If your read is really that good, then you shouldn't have gone all tilty on this hand. Will he bet JJ when an ace falls on the turn? Will he raise it?

If he's got JJ-AA, AK here, once that turn card comes, you're screwed (i.e. you're good 25% of the time, or will be by the river 25% of the time). You can check/fold in that instance.

If you really think your read is that concrete, you can bet/call the flop and check/fold the turn, assuming an Ace comes. If no ace comes, then check/call, check/call, bet/fold.

Rob
Old 12-09-2004, 03:35 PM

yeah, maybe i'm looking at the wrong areas of my game to improve.. i'm getting a bit frustrated with my lack of playing time (2K hands since Halloween). plus its more difficult to improve than it used to be (free card play.. wow! raise for value.. great idea!) and am just overthinking some things trying to improve without putting my thoughts into practice enough. i might have to take a break from the 2+2 games so I can get some more hands in.