Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: back to basics: a simple turn decision

Damn you, that explanation was going to make me look so smart and you ruined it.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:17 AM

haha....that's what i'm here for.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:10 AM

Default yea there is no way you can fold if u get

checkraised on the turn, even if u know ur behind, ur still open ended
Old 12-09-2004, 01:44 AM

Default Results

here is the rest of the hand

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 10 BB. </font>

thanks for the responses guys. i guess we all agree that this is a "check because i have outs" hand, but because the opponents are so loose, a bet may be better. many of you said bet, and that usually is my default line here, but i think checking may have some merit here, esp against 2 opponents who's action i can see on the river whether deciding to call or fold
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, SB is a "loose passive fish". Don't think he's too much of a CR threat given he could have called both preflop and flop with anything. That leaves UTG who limped preflop then check-called the flop and checked the turn. This would be a pretty tricky way to play 2-pair on this board if he plans to c/r. It's certainly possible but not likely imo. I also think a naked K usually bets out or check/calls. A naked Q is now unlikely to c/r because of the K. This leaves sets and straights, 88, TT, J9, AJ, and I simply don't fear these hands enough to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 overcard and an OESD, sounds like a good time to check. but you're right i think, with 2 loose opponents and an unlikely c/r, a bet may be better
Old 12-09-2004, 01:47 AM

Default Re: yea there is no way you can fold if u get

[ QUOTE ]
checkraised on the turn, even if u know ur behind, ur still open ended

[/ QUOTE ]

because you have an good (but not spectacular) draw on the turn, instead of a good hand that has a good probability of being ahead is precisely the reason why you hate being c/r here and why you might want to check