Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Little Theories On Life: the point system

OOH OOH OOH! I know this one!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:56 PM

The scoring is not necessarily simple. Each category can be broken down into sub categories.

Brain Power:

hard drive space
processing speed
conceptual analysis
etc

Social Skills:

large group entertainment
deep one on one relationships
humor
etc
Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 PM

I would put adaptability to stress and change in there. It's one of those things like a gun that if you're lucky you may never need, but if you need it, you need it more than you've ever needed anything else in the world, and you need it RIGHT NOW or you're totally screwed. How much adaptability you have can save you from plunging from an 800 to a 1 when things go wrong in life. Alternatively, it can make you go from a 400 to a 600 in situations where everyone else is either dropping down to 200's or just staying at 400 wondering what to do next, or not even knowing anything CAN be done next.

High adaptability in life is like being good in every sport. Lots of us are superstars in our comfort zone, but get just a little outside of it and we're devastated and can't adapt at all. Then we become ridiculous or helpless.

This is easy to see on the job, when people can't handle new tasks, and sometimes very easy to see socially, when people can't adapt to new or different people, to being around greater or lesser numbers of people, or to having to talk or give some kind of speech in front of people, etc. Why is someone such a hero of the neighborhood and BMOC in some situations but such a sniveling nerd you might even be embarassed to be around and feel like apologizing for in others? There's something about smartness in it, something about naturalness and confidence in it, something about just being able to see things the way they are in it, and then make the non-bad choices.

Some 1000's are 1000's until one tiny slip, and then they rocket down to 1's. Rank can be exceptionally fluid, in both directions, even for people who seem locked in at the top or bottom, depending on adapatability to stress and change. Of course the lower you come in, the more the ability to adapt is vital and even helps define everything else, and the greater chance by far that it will ever even be much of an issue. People with few natural gifts are often extremely adaptable, and people of great good fortune are often so brittle it's almost scary, as if you're practically waiting for them to shatter at any second.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't spend any points on humility did you? Are you that GreenTea guy from the Internet forum awhile back? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didnt and no I am not. I knew I was opening myself up to criticsim by posting but I thought it was an interesting post. I dont think I went overboard but I guess that is for others to decide. Being that no one here personally knows me, I guess you'll have to believe me or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to be an ass, but a 140 should get better than a 30 composite on their act, even under the influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but I came from a very weak school system, i.e, no AP classes, honors, etc. So there were definitely some gaps in my scholastic ability.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I didnt and no I am not. I knew I was opening myself up to criticsim by posting but I thought it was an interesting post. I dont think I went overboard but I guess that is for others to decide. Being that no one here personally knows me, I guess you'll have to believe me or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just kiddin'. Yours wasn't really anything like his. Read it. By far the funniest post ever. And it's not close. You'll see why.

GreenTea's Post
Old 12-02-2004, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my theory is that we all start out with some small amount of points the first time out. Depending on the things you do during a lifetime you earn more starting points for the next round.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens when you reach 1,000? Reset back to zero? That would suck.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Oh my god

what a block
Old 12-02-2004, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my theory is that we all start out with some small amount of points the first time out. Depending on the things you do during a lifetime you earn more starting points for the next round.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens when you reach 1,000? Reset back to zero? That would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get to put your name on the Hi Score list:

Score | Name
--------------------
1000 pts| AAA
Old 12-02-2004, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looks
Brain Power
Athletisism
Social Ablility