Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Rakeback Affiliate Website Up and Running

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be helpful to put all the affiliates on a grid such as you see in "Consumer Reports" magazine, with the affiliates listed in a column on the left-hand margin, and the "items to be considered" in a row across the top. Such items of interest could include sites offered, rake-return-rates (perhaps several different rates shown, grouped by amount of monthly rake generated by the player), whether or not the affiliate has an individual tracker for each player (thus avoiding the "how do I figure my rake-back" hassle currently being discussed in another thread), amount of initial sign-up bonus, "customer satisfaction" rating), etc. Also it would be helpful to know the medium by which payments will be made (neteller to neteller, etc) and the guaranteed day of the month before which the previous month's return will be paid. This should pretty well cover it.

This type of grid setup would standardize things so that a potential customer could see all pertinent info at a glance..

Thanks for the good work so far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the ideas. It is still a work in progress. I am going to overhaul it to a new server in the next couple of day and have a forum. I was going to wait to group the rooms together until I had many affiliates listed and I am getting enough to do so.

At first I was not going to list deposit bonuses etc to keep to from looking too spammy but it seems there is a demand for this and i will. When an affiliate lists how they track a player I list that below their name, several have not included this. Payday is very important too but noone included this in their listing info, I am sure partly because I did not ask.

I will also ask the affiliates for payout info (transfer in room, gift certificates, Neteller). I would think several would not include this if they are violating their T&C so this may be a great way to to weed through the ones that may not be following the rules.

I have received a lot of feedback on the site, and affiliates. I appreciate any help and hopefully by Wednesday I will have a lot done. I really just wanted to launch it in beta to give people an idea of what I had in mind and get all the suggestions from the players and affiliates.

As stated before I am NOT a rake back affiliate and am not using the site to promote any poker room affiliation I have. This was an idea from all the debate here and it seems there needed to be an unbiased person to launch something like this.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:18 AM

Great start!! One question--how do we know which 2+2 posters are behind each affiliate listing? A couple of the names are recognizable, but most I've not heard of although I've been reading here for several months. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great start!! One question--how do we know which 2+2 posters are behind each affiliate listing? A couple of the names are recognizable, but most I've not heard of although I've been reading here for several months. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several of the affiliates posted on my website are from other sources such as rgp or found my site and emailed me. As far as I know those who are 2+2 posters have used their handle, or their website involved.

The forum is up and running now so those who are listed need to register, all of you have your own section in it.

To those who may flame me for this post. I have a pending unanswered pm to Mat asking if I can answer questions directly related to my website here, I have yet to receive a response. If he feels this violates I am sorry, I mean no disrespect but do not know if this falls into that category yet. I bought a classified and I am answering a question that has been asked of me in an existing thread.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:06 PM

if mat reads this, i vote that we should be able to link both your URL and moondog's to all requests.

in the few days since you guys went live, there has been a substantial decrease in the rake rebate threads. now that mat has made his sticky, i think there will be even less. we can't really ignore the issue, but as long as you guys maintain impartial sites, we should be able to link to you.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:09 PM

btw,

perhaps you and moondog could split a classified that listed your URL's in same classified. you could of course advertise on your own, but maybe a joint ad ($10 each per month) would illustrate the cooperation between you guys and make it more plausible to tag all forum questions with both URLs.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:22 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but why would they pay to host a banner when they are not benefitting monetarily from it.

If somehow Morgant or whoever decides to pay Moondog or the other one to keep their name on their site then I could see them paying for a banner to obtain whatever amount of signups required by Morgant for his payment of advertising his affiliation on Moondogg's site.

I dont think this is the case and they are just doing a service for newbie posters so why would they want to split an ad and then make their free contribution to whores now cost them?

Edit: I do agree though. It would be nice to have a place to link them to, and your idea is good but I just dont grasp the payment of 2+2.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I'm wrong but why would they pay to host a banner when they are not benefitting monetarily from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will benefit from it monetarily though. After we see how much traffic the sites bring, the affiliates will have to pay to be listed on the sites.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:35 PM

Nice Work so far!
Some Suggestions...

What about a "non rakeback section". May sound silly by the name of your site... but there are lots...and lots of recreational small players (like me) out there that care more for the "deposit 25 get 75" offers out there...

maybe you can do that part on your own to get the site and your business up and running... don't know... only thing i know is that i got my poker bankroll out of a "free 50 at party" offer... and IF this guy is on a rakeback plan at party he got his investment back +70 times...

greetz
foldmasta
Old 11-10-2004, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They will benefit from it monetarily though. After we see how much traffic the sites bring, the affiliates will have to pay to be listed on the sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, at least from my side. There will be some small fee involved (hosting ain't free), probably at the start of the year. It's too early to estimate any of that, and it'll remain free for at least a month or so.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:56 PM

Wrong!

You can't open a site like that and get some fees from scratch... there are not that much sites people will pay for... pokercharts is one i will... they delivered free service for a long time and will charge a SMALL fee in the future...
there is so much information out there FOR FREE... don't think ANYONE will pay for affiliate info... especially after the bigtime affiliatte-spam-delete-marathon everyday in your inbox...

greetz
foldmasta
Closed Thread