Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: absolute bonus money is expiring

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the other sites don't require as much play and release it all at once after completing the raked hands. Absolute pays out bonus in increments of $10 per 100 hands you play. That kinda sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sayin that it's better to get the whole bonus all at once and that you just don't like getting it a little at a time?
If you are that's kinda dumb.

Absolute's bonus-requirements are the same as Paradise. I sure think it's better than not getting a bonus at all.
If the software didn't cause slow-downs with my computer I would play there more frequently.

Kinda interesting that I didn't get one of these e-mails....but I really don't care that much since I have pretty much stopped playing there for the time-being.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:43 PM

The compitition is not overly difficult, and the bonus is not unreasonable to clear in my mind. But the problem is it does take a while to clear the bonus because you can't find great games easily like you can at Party.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sayin that it's better to get the whole bonus all at once and that you just don't like getting it a little at a time?
If you are that's kinda dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm kinda dumb then, because thats how I feel. Even though it doesn't really make sense I prefer to get my bonuses in one big lump sum. I think its just more satisfying to get one $100 payment as opposed to several small ones.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 PM

I irregularly throw in a single Absolute O8 or Stud8 table along with any other site I'm playing at if there's a good game going. I regularly clear about 30-60/week playing only a few hours every other day. I think since I started I've probably cleared about 400-500 so far.

At this point, multi-tabling specifically to clear their bonus just isn't completely viable yet for several reasons. (1) Lack of game selection, and (2) Weak software in addition to what appears to be sporadic network issues - at least for me - akin to Pacific but not quite a bad. While there has been some improvement on the games available over the course of the last several months, I've seen little improvement in their software or network. Plus, as has been mentioned previously in other threads, 9 seat games tend to break quickly when they get short. (Aside: Does anyone know why a site would favor 9 table games over 10? I just don't get it)

Playing on a 1.2GHz laptop, I'm not having terrible performance trouble but I've only really tried two tabling here. What I have noticed is it kills my Pacific connection if I try multi-tabling with both sites (Same with UB+Pacific, they don't like each other either)
Old 10-20-2004, 03:55 AM

wow, someone has more expiring bonus dollars than me.

it will be interesting to see how they handle this in the future. it looks like they're just taking all the bonus dollars from more than 90 days ago and expiring them all at the same time.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There bonuses suck anyway. For my little bonus of $193, I have to play 1930 raked hands. Does that sound a bit unreasonably for clearing a bonus? A lot of the other sites don't require as much play and release it all at once after completing the raked hands. Absolute pays out bonus in increments of $10 per 100 hands you play. That kinda sucks. Do others feel that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want a lump sum bonus?

Come to my site, I offer a $1 million bonus for only 500,000 hands (and they don't need to be raked).

Yes, that's $2 per hand!

Won't it be grand clearing that $1,000,000 all in one big lump sum?

That will be a Red Letter Day for you my friend.

How long will 500,000 hands take you to play? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?

But it will be worth the big prize at the end. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I won't mention that I will be changing the terms on you when you hit 475,000 hands, if I don't go out of business first)
Old 10-20-2004, 05:13 AM

Default Why they prefer 9 handed tables

[ QUOTE ]
(Aside: Does anyone know why a site would favor 9 table games over 10? I just don't get it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few good reasons for offering 9 handed tables.

1) They get to deal more hands per hour with 1 fewer player at the table, thus increasing their rake.

2) Some players (like me) prefer 9 handed action to 10 handed. Absolute is the only site (that I know of) that offers 9 handed LHE ring games. This distinguishes them from other sites

3) 9 handed tables encourage more tables to start up, which is important for a small-traffic site that wants to generate income from as many tables as possible.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Why they prefer 9 handed tables

I would like a site that offered some real choices.

Why not have 12 seat, 10 seat, 8 seat, and 6 seat tables available? Let people choose their poison and open up new tables in those categories that get the most action.