Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Results...

[ QUOTE ]
The AA hand was just a bad beat story I didn't bother commenting on. (Of course, if people call an all in with 53o, why would you minraise? Go all in.)

This, on the other hand, *is* a prime example of a hand you never had any business being in. You got suckered in all the way, limping a dominated hand behind a guy you knew was tight, calling a 1/3 pot sized bet with a gutshot and a 50k, tournament-ending bet as a 4:1 dog. You do this type of stuff all the time, but then moan at the people who call giant all ins with the second best hand, then suck out on you.

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

so where are all the inferior/dominated hands that i'm raising with in situations that don't call for it? where are all the hands that i'm 'calling because the price is right'? where are these hands that you say i am constantly playing and moaning when i get beat? maybe you did'nt comment about the A A hand (if it's the one where the LAG called a reraise preflop with Q Jsuited and got dealt a straight) because you're way off based with your assumption. maybe you did'nt comment on the trip Kings hand where i raised preflop 3-4XBB with about 4 callers (one being a guy with 3 5-suited) who when i bet the pot on the flop, went all-in and caught a flush on the river? i wonder who was being LAG on that hand? or maybe it was the Q Q hand that i reraised a shorter stacked player already all-in only to have a guy call the reraise all-in with 6 5o and catch a straight on the river (to which i checkraised on the turn with the best hand and was still called)? or how about the J J hand where i was all-in on the flop against a guy who called a preflop raise with A 5o (could this be a LAG?) and the guy caught two pair (lowest pair 5s on the flop and an Ace on the turn)? how about the A K hand where i had two pair (Aces and Kings) on the flop against a players who was willing to call healthy bets all the way to the river with a pair of 6s, despite the obvious overcards, and proceeds to catch trips on the river? and there are plenty more hands.

fact is, this hand (where i'm behind) is very uncommon. maybe you BELIEVE this hand validates an already incorrect assumption. then again, belief is'nt everything. this was my time to get lucky and i don't apologize for it. think what you want. this more than makes up for all the river sucks i've been a victim to in the last 3 or so months.