Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Are online poker rooms rigged???

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is deceptively simple looking, but in reality, it is a very, very hard game to play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think this is true? I'm not a very smart person* and I became a winning poker player after reading a book and asking a couple questions.
Maybe when you said "well" you meant much more than just becoming a winning player?

*especially compared to some of the posters here.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:14 PM

Kurn perhaps your right, I dont know a god damn thing about poker. Or maybe im just a stupid fish who loses ALL the time and complains???

Wrong, I know how to play poker. Am I pro? No. and neither is anyone. The only thing that makes anyone a pro at poker, is having a bankroll the size of China and not being afraid to lose it. I dont fall under this catagory so I play passive aggressive poker and dont play too many suiters or connectors.

I lost with AA, In fact ive lost alot of times with aces. My whole problem is how does a passive player decide to call a BBx10 raise preflop with a 68o. How is that???
Im holding wired aces and throw a bet to this guy for half his stack, and he calls with one of the worst hands in the game??? Not to mention every session I had after that was the same outcomes. Yeah this guy isnt online anymore, ive been looking for 6 days now and havent seen him once. My assumption would be that hes a PS agent. I wouldnt doubt it. How else could you explain a SnG list being at 2 players for 30 min, and then when I join it all a sudden it takes 50 seconds to fill up. I dont buy it. It all seems shady.

I respect your post Kurn, and maybe i should post some hands to prove I did not play anything wrong. And they were indeed bad beats. AND the bad beats come in spurts.

Oh yeah, and for the record. I have folded AA and KK, knowing I was outdrawn. Its not hard to figure out what cards a person is holding when its 1v1 in the pot. But when you got rejects calling huge bets with crap hands that flop them a winner, that calls for some serious thought.

But from a professional stand point, maybe the 68o caller only called to try and bluff me out. And got lucky.
I enjoy this site and plan and doing alot of reading and studying before heading back out to low limit online poker.
Sorry if ive offended anyone who plays online poker, but chances are if your a winning player...... Your just a rich yuppie who gets lucky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But when you got rejects calling huge bets with crap hands that flop them a winner, that calls for some serious thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

What it calls for is a "Yippee!", you moron, because without those "rejects" the game would be much less profitable.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Hand History For 68o Vs AA

I dont know how to turn hand history into a neat little package like you guys do....but here goes nothing.Dealt to

DeaDLyWuLf7 [Ah Ac]
mman493: folds
tennis300: calls 200
PHoliday: folds
ack41: calls 200
JB57: calls 100
DeaDLyWuLf7: raises 800 to 1000
tennis300: folds
ack41: folds
JB57: calls 800
*** FLOP *** [8h 3s 6d]
JB57: bets 3205 and is all-in
DeaDLyWuLf7: calls 3205
*** TURN *** [8h 3s 6d] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [8h 3s 6d Td] [Qc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JB57: shows [6h 8c] (two pair, Eights and Sixes)
DeaDLyWuLf7: shows [Ah Ac] (a pair of Aces)
JB57 collected 8960 from pot
DeaDLyWuLf7 said, "68?"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8960 | Rake 0
Board [8h 3s 6d Td Qc]
Seat 2: ack41 (button) folded before Flop
Seat 3: JB57 (small blind) showed [6h 8c] and won (8960) with two pair, Eights and Sixes
Seat 5: DeaDLyWuLf7 (big blind) showed [Ah Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 6: mman493 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: tennis300 folded before Flop
Seat 9: PHoliday folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Old 09-24-2004, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But when you got rejects calling huge bets with crap hands that flop them a winner, that calls for some serious thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

What it calls for is a "Yippee!", you moron, because without those "rejects" the game would be much less profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Post of the day?
Old 09-24-2004, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if ive offended anyone who plays online poker, but chances are if your a winning player...... Your just a rich yuppie who gets lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a *BLEEP*ing retard.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Hand History For 68o Vs AA

Wow, being a n00b myself, seeing these posts gives me increased confidence that I'm not the worst player out there.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now by all means I am not a bad poker player, I almost always have a good reason on people and rarely put my chips in as a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know how to play poker. Am I pro? No. and neither is anyone. The only thing that makes anyone a pro at poker, is having a bankroll the size of China and not being afraid to lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if your a winning player...... Your just a rich yuppie who gets lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Cognative Dissonance ... hurts...
Old 09-25-2004, 12:00 AM

Sacred bovines!
/M
Old 09-25-2004, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And screw these money hungry poker sites that will eventually become illegal in the states when a democrat hits office

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you entirely simple, or is this just a bizarre continuance of your general rant?

It's people like Ashcroft and Schwarzenegger who are pushing to outlaw gambling. Last time I checked, they were not Democrats, and last time I checked, there have been strenuous efforts from this administration and others in the Republican party to curtail online poker, and frequently gambling in general.

If you're going to rave, keep it centered and under control.