Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Turned a full: Slowplay?

Since QQ is ruled out considering the preflop action, the only hand you're afraid of is 66 which is highly unlikely. The chances are too small to consider. Instead, maximize the earnings! Build a pot too big for the fish to let go of and crush them on the river. Watch out for a Q or a 6 on the river though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Results

of course the river was a Q the SB checked and a middle position player bet forty. i showed the SB my hand as i folded it and he showed me 56o as he mucked. i felt the texture of the game and my image at the table that a small raise would not clear the field because any Q would come anyway and a big raise on the turn would give it away. just a bad river comments?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
i felt the texture of the game and my image at the table that a small raise would not clear the field because any Q would come anyway and a big raise on the turn would give it away.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best argument to raise the turn that i've seen.

i like the limp with that many players in. you're probably not going to be able to get it heads up or even 3way, and 99 plays better in short-handed pots where you’re hoping you’ll hold up unimproved or big family pots where you’re hoping to flop a set. I’d limp.

i like the check behind on the flop. there are too many people in the pot for me to try to pick it up here – there’s too good a chance somebody’s got a Q or 6.

i’d definitely raise the turn. there’s a good chance that a 6 is out there and is already slowplaying, so you have a good chance of getting a reraise (anyone in this pot could reraise here, not just the original bettor). you can’t fear QQ or 66 – just assume that you currently have the nuts. in this case, you and the SB probably would have put in a lot of money while he was drawing to a 1-outer.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 AM

5 callers and you want to slowplay? I would raise here every time and 6 times on sunday. the 9 looks like a safe card so anyone with a 6 will think you're making a move and raise back. and with 5 callers, some idiot has a 6 and is begging for you to raise.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 AM

raise, for the fact that there are 5 callers alone.

also raise because soemone could very easily have a 6, or a smaller boat, and you may lose value if you dont pump up the pot now.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
i felt the texture of the game and my image at the table that a small raise would not clear the field because any Q would come anyway and a big raise on the turn would give it away. just a bad river comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give what away? That you like your hand? That you're bluffing? That you have a six? You're on the button, everyone has come along anyways. The pot is getting bigger, maximize your chances of winning it. Don't let the Q or the 6 draw to his 1 or 2 outer for free. Raise NOW. There's only one more street to collect bets on so get the money in now before everyone else misses their draws to other full houses.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:43 PM

you wanted to know how much to bet, think i'd 3/4 pot it. does depend on your pos though.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:09 PM

raise 100% of the time here. you have a very big hand, and probably someone has a big hand with you (someone most likely has a 6)... you want to win a big pot and you can't do that if you don't start raising now.