Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Turned a full: Slowplay? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=111318)

Fairless 08-09-2004 08:55 PM

Turned a full: Slowplay?

1/2 live nl

im the button w/99 suits not important and about $400

6 limpers to me and i limp

flop comes 66Q
checked around

turn card 9
solid player in small blind bets $10
5 callers and i call

right or wrong?

Under Control 08-09-2004 09:06 PM

Re: Turned a full: Slowplay?

Jeez, that is a weak tight game if I've ever seen one. I would probably raise to something like 30 there, hoping to get a couple callers and then have someone raise me.

Fairless 08-09-2004 09:13 PM

the reason i didn't raise wasn't that i feared my hand was no good. i felt sure the small blind had a 6 and i knew he would fire again and then i could raise making it harder for him to get away from his hand and getting some dead money in the pot from the players in between he and i. please all comments are welcome. just trying to improve.

AtlBrvs4Life 08-09-2004 09:27 PM

You fear your hand is no good? All that beats you is QQ, Q6, and 66. What are you afraid of? This is a hand that can be slowplayed. Raise the river.

Edit: My fault. I read your post wrong.

Fairless 08-09-2004 09:41 PM

no that wasn't what i said
i felt confident my hand was good on the turn
and i was waiting to raise on the river
i was just wondering if anyone raises on the turn if so how much?

thanks

Girazze 08-10-2004 12:49 AM

I think you played it just fine. With only a call on the turn, he may sense you are still searching for something or are not sure about your hand. Odds are he bets big or pushes on the river and you got him where you want him. Nice play. Bummer if he shows 66 though huh? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Snoogins47 08-10-2004 03:47 AM

It really depends on the other player, stacks, etc.

Yes you can definitely slowplay here, but I'd probably raise to about 20-40 or so on the turn, with that many people still in the pot, I'm bound to get somebody who likes their hand enough to make a big-ish call on the river, and at least 2 or so to the turn, not to mention a slowplayed six might come over the top.

I think calling here isn't a bad idea either, just probably not what I would do, personally (of course, it very much depends on the table, players, yada yada)

bkholdem 08-10-2004 08:18 AM

I raise on the flop with that many limpers and me on the button. With pocket 9's there is a fair chance I have the best hand pre flop. I want to clear out the Arag hands, the K10off's, and don't want the blinds in for cheap/free.

It just so happened you got a free look at the turn AND turned that 9. It would have sucked to allow 6J in the BB for free only to loose to his trips without improvement on your part.

So I raise the flop. I don't want pocket 9's seven handed. The odds are too great there are going to be over cards on the flop that help someone with that many people in the pot.

You need to increase your agression (selectivly of course).

bouh 08-10-2004 08:44 AM

I don't see how Q6 can beat 99 here ...

bouh 08-10-2004 08:49 AM

I would minraise the turn since you are last to talk and everyone called the bet. Build the pot ! And raise/push the river.
I Call the turn bet only if I was BB or UTG and want more people to stay in the pot. You fear 2 hands only and I think the SB would raise preflop his QQ to clear the field.