Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Label design feedback

[ QUOTE ]
I like those much better. They really look good.

And, when it's time to sell them to upgrade your set... the school logo will probably increase their value when selling to a freshman.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree... and good idea about reselling down the road.

The design looks good just thought I'd throw out a suggestion to work on the background color to match the base chip color a little better as they seem a little too dark in my opinion but it could be a monitor thing. Like the white chip could be a lot lighter gray, and the blue chip could be a lighter blue, red chip more maroon or lighter maroon etc...

- Fins
Old 02-21-2005, 05:11 PM

A little tip... put in some bleed that is the same color as the chip around the edge or atleast shrink your graphics so they dont extend to the edge of the label. It is almost impossible to get every label centered and some bleed or a slightly smaller graphic will make the chips that are a little off more bearable.

ash =o)
Old 02-21-2005, 05:21 PM

I lightened them up a bit. Any better?

[ QUOTE ]
put in some bleed that is the same color as the chip around the edge or atleast shrink your graphics so they dont extend to the edge of the label.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont be printing them. Ill leave that to jason since he probably has it down to a science by now. Hes going to tweak the images a bit so they look better and will print better.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 PM

If I could make one suggestion it would be to swap the colors, You/I will never get them exact when printing (due to CMYK color and plastic color) I would do the background colors in the edge spot color and the skulls in the chip color. There will be just enough seperation between the edgespot and the label where it can be off a hair and you wont know but if you use the chip colors it will stick out like a sore thumb.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 PM

I like the lighter versions better... at least on my monitor. Jason may have a good point about the slight diff in color matching sticky out if the bkg is the chip base... be interesting to see what they look like if you switch the colors around. I wonder if you'll have to mess with the black skull's stroke??

- Fins
Old 02-21-2005, 06:34 PM

Ok, here is a quick redo of swapping the colors. Overall I still like them...
Old 02-21-2005, 06:53 PM

I think these look great!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:58 PM

Cool, I think they look good. I might consider using the $10 & $50 from the first for two reasons... mainly those two stand out more as kind of a negative look and also for the $50 it won't look as much like the $500... just a thought.

- Fins
Old 02-21-2005, 07:02 PM

I too preferred the original blue chip... but it wouldnt look right if you have one chip that is reverse of all the others. And, as jason mentioned, it will be hard to match the chip color.
I can deal with the blue chip. I tried to do some tweaking to it. Looking at the actual chip, the edgespot is more pure white than the picture shows. So that means I can make the background pure white, rather than a light grey, and maybe add grey 'sun rays' instead. That might look better.

as for some chips looking the same...I wont have a $100 or $500 chip. Those values are just on there for now. If I do have a $100 chip, it will be the black one, which means I wont have a $50. Not exactly sure how I will do it)
Old 02-21-2005, 07:09 PM

I would do white with light blue rays.