Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Make 2 pair, never bet, what to do on river?-Resul

Reminds me of a hand I played: The board is AhJhTh3s and with my funky 9h6h I check-raise from EP a "funky" MP player on turn after 2 or three others have called . He reraises, all fold back to me (one all in), and I am close to folding, thinking that he "must" have the K-high or at least the Q-high flush. But then I think some more, think about all the "funky" plays he made previously (such as *always* limp-reraising if another certain player raised preflop), and decide that calling down sounds better. The funky guy had a funky Js5h (but I lost to the all in player with the QhQs when the third fourth heart came down on turn, so I got what I deserved for playing 9h6h in EP [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 06-09-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Make 2 pair, never bet, what to do on river?

Scary flush boards and no one has it.... That's the frustrating part. AND you don't know anyone, but seems pretty obvious with no turn action that it's not there yet...why not bet it out semi-bluff since you do have a hand?? Just a thought, and I saw a five flush in a
live game where no one had a [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Two players chopped. Oh well, play well. TJ
Old 06-09-2003, 06:55 PM

Default Re: This one sounds familiar...LOL!!!

You didn't see Sherlock's post about calling another guys bet in Vegas last week?? What drama....... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Make 2 pair, never bet, what to do on river?

I would have bet it out on the flop - the board isn't scary and you can't count on the late position guy to be the first to bet.

Turn is the Qc. I check. . . and so does the rest of the table. . . Kicking myself. . .

You can't know what to do here. I would have bet and hoped BB had an Ac and raised everyone else out. Fold to a three-bet.

River is the 7c (Qc4h2cJc). I check. BB bets. UTG calls. Folded to me.

I would fold here. Yes, yes, once in a blue moon nobody has a club, but really, how often? Even if BB is wont to make "funky" bets, you have a caller. Heads up I might call.