Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Result

I checked behind on the turn.

The river was an offsuit 7, giving me a straight. First limper underbet the pot ($25 I think) and the second limper called. I just called as well. The first limper had J4 (offsuit!) and we chopped.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Result

A push in not a bad second choice.. But I don't like it for two reasons.

If both off you had around $75-$100 I think a push would be a good play.. But now MP1 has around $225 and MP2 $150.. And you cover them. To me it feels stupid to risk $225 to win $75. Even if you have lots off outs! I haven’t count exactly but my guess is around 17-18.. But you don't know how many off those are good. If someone flopped the straight you have only your flush outs or the best thing you can hope for is a chop. But my guess is you got some fold equity from the players that weight things up..

So, if you had smaller stack a push would be a good play. But I think it's more +EV to check and take the free card. But I agree a push is not a bad play either.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: J9s turn

If you are behind, they're going to need to have a big hand to call a push - probably the nut straight unless you've got a gamboooler on your hands. You're still not in bad shape there, you've got spades.

How could you ever assume anyone else had a higher spade draw? On the flop he had a backdoor flush draw... The turn gave him the 4 flush. Assuming someone has higher spades, and thus those outs are not live, is not strong logic.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: J9s turn

the stack sizes seem too high for a push. the reasons for a push are nice though. since i dont push, i check behind