Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 01:56 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: TT - Did I misplay anywhere here?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised everyone is advocating not capping PF

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the cap.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:01 PM

I think you paid off a bit too much here. I don't really mind the preflop cap, and since you capped preflop then I think the flop raise is good - as it represents a bigger hand than you have, might increase your chances of winning and might get you a free card (though I'm not sure if I'd take it or not) (edit to say: I don't think you're ahead on the flop). On the turn, I probably muck it, even in this large pot.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without the cap the pot will be 15BB. With a bet to hero's right and hero's raise, he'll still be giving the first caller 9:1, and any subsequent callers 10:1 or more. Isn't this a time to give up a small opportunity for protection to push an edge with pot equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

If hero had flopped an overpair I'd agree with you. With 5 players seeing the flop for that many bets I would be surprised if hero is ahead. I don't think hero has all that much pot equity.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If hero had flopped an overpair I'd agree with you. With 5 players seeing the flop for that many bets I would be surprised if hero is ahead. I don't think hero has all that much pot equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's looking at the preflop situation. Deciding whether or not I should cap.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without the cap the pot will be 15BB. With a bet to hero's right and hero's raise, he'll still be giving the first caller 9:1, and any subsequent callers 10:1 or more. Isn't this a time to give up a small opportunity for protection to push an edge with pot equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to pre-flop equity.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's looking at the preflop situation. Deciding whether or not I should cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, good point.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you paid off a bit too much here. I don't really mind the preflop cap, and since you capped preflop then I think the flop raise is good - as it represents a bigger hand than you have, might increase your chances of winning and might get you a free card (though I'm not sure if I'd take it or not) (edit to say: I don't think you're ahead on the flop). On the turn, I probably muck it, even in this large pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran some simulations earlier, and against a reasonable range of hands, I've got something like 35% equity on this turn. If you want me to re-create them I will, but that second king was a really good card for me, and the guy who bet into me could easily be betting his 9's.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's worth it. The difference between doing this with a hand like TT versus a hand like KK is that your pot equity edge with TT is not that big against 5 people. How many of these bets are coming back to you? I'd be surprised if it's more than 2 SB.

There's enough of a difference between having 40$ in the pot on the flop and 30$. You might be able to wait until the turn and put in a raise there. At 20:1 on the flop, 15:1 on the turn, you're at the mercy of the deck.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran some simulations earlier, and against a reasonable range of hands, I've got something like 35% equity on this turn. If you want me to re-create them I will, but that second king was a really good card for me, and the guy who bet into me could easily be betting his 9's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh don't worry about recreating them, just what range of hand did you use? Maybe I'm seeing monsters but if the table was a normal, mostly passive 2/4 table I wouldn't be suprised to see somethinge like 88, 99, 98, 67, QJ, JJ, JT, KT, KJ, maybe KQ. Maybe you'd be less likely to see a JJ, QQ type hand since BB's 3bet and fold might indicate his pair flopped an overcard. Basically MP1's stop and go could mean a lot of things, and one of those things is a decent a hand on the flop - your raise scared him, and he improves on the turn. I would have most likely folded the turn, barring some other read. Though I'm more than willing to be convinced otherwise. I think this is a good hand to post, since this type of postflop situation can be a common one.

edit: admittedly the hands i listed aren't really "monsters".
Old 02-27-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised everyone is advocating not capping PF, I thought that was one of the easier descisions I made. What hands are you putting the limpers on that I don't have my equity to cap? If I was SB, I could see what you were saying, but I've got great position too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy cap preflop.