Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT - Did I misplay anywhere here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=203609)

JoshuaD 02-27-2005 11:42 AM

TT - Did I misplay anywhere here?

I don't have any reads this hand, playerview just crashed, and I couldn't get it open in time.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Comments on all streets please.

brettbrettr 02-27-2005 11:50 AM

Re: TT - Did I misplay anywhere here?

I wouldn't have capped a BB 3-bet. The turn is weird, can you fold here? Seems to me that a king would have c/r'd you, not sure raising again is the right play either. Dunno, looks ok I guess.

brettbrettr 02-27-2005 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have capped a BB 3-bet. The turn is weird, can you fold here? Seems to me that a king would have c/r'd you, not sure raising again is the right play either. Dunno, looks ok I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

worst. post.ever.

JoshuaD 02-27-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have capped a BB 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't HU or 3way, but I figure I've got more than 20% equity here.

Bill Smith 02-27-2005 12:44 PM

Except for the pf cap, this all looks good. You should pick up a good read on MP1 regarding his stop and go, but usually it means a made hand that isn't trip kings.

spydog 02-27-2005 12:55 PM

I wouldn't cap this preflop, but I think it's OK. Many times this will buy you a 4-card flop in which to hit your set.

You might consider raising the turn. You might get JJ-QQ to fold and you want to fold UTG+1 if you are ahead and he's holding overcards to your TT. MP1 will be unlikely to 3-bet anything but a full house in this spot as he has to fear AK if he's holding Kx. Check behind on the river if your turn raise is called. If 3-bet by MP1, I think you can fold even though you will be close to getting the odds to call.

JoshuaD 02-27-2005 12:58 PM

I'm surprised everyone is advocating not capping PF, I thought that was one of the easier descisions I made. What hands are you putting the limpers on that I don't have my equity to cap? If I was SB, I could see what you were saying, but I've got great position too.

prayformojo 02-27-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised everyone is advocating not capping PF, I thought that was one of the easier descisions I made.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first reaction to the pre-flop cap was negative as well. On reflection, though, I'm pretty sure you have more than 20% equity against almost any range of hands that doesn't include an overpair (barring one of your tens sitting in another pocket).

Elizabeth 02-27-2005 01:22 PM

The pf cap buts 20SB in the pot. Now imagine that you get the best situation on the flop: you have an overpair, and a bet comes from your immediate right and you can raise.

You're still giving everyone 11.5:1, and they're correct to call with overcards. Even 1 overcard is a marginal call once a couple people call. This isn't what you want with tens.

Basically there are a ton of cards that can beat you, and you are making the pot so big that you won't be able to control the hand.

prayformojo 02-27-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically there are a ton of cards that can beat you, and you are making the pot so big that you won't be able to control the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without the cap the pot will be 15BB. With a bet to hero's right and hero's raise, he'll still be giving the first caller 9:1, and any subsequent callers 10:1 or more. Isn't this a time to give up a small opportunity for protection to push an edge with pot equity?