Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Pot Equity Guess

another way to look at it is there are 16.5 BB in the pot on the river, and you are paying 1 bb to win it. So you need to win 1 time for every 16.5 times you lose, or 1/16.5 which is 6%.

i think you might be good here 6% of the time so i call.

but unless he's a pscyho, i don't see what you are beating here.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise you'll likely fold out more than one of the players behind you and a reraise would be unpleasant. So calling looks like the right play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think that a raise is the right play. What if the sb has a weak T, where he would call a bet but not 2? Why on earth would you want overcalls here? You want overcalls when you have a strong hand not a marginal one. Raise and fold to a 3 bet.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Oops...I missed the T on board. I thought we were holding an overpair.

With an overpair, I think calling is best but that T does change things. I'm honestly not sure what to think now when I look at this. It would help to know a thing or two about the players involved.

I'm guessing that, at these limits, someone holding a T will call for 8 cents if they'd call for 4. But that doesn't mean it's not the right play. If you think there's a better chance you can beat UTG+1 than the players behind you, then raise it up.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing that, at these limits, someone holding a T will call for 8 cents if they'd call for 4. But that doesn't mean it's not the right play. If you think there's a better chance you can beat UTG+1 than the players behind you, then raise it up.

[/ QUOTE ]That's pretty much my take on it too, although I think that SB may have the T as he hasn't been too sure all along that he's winning this hand, he's called straight through it.