Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Streaks... Most out of money on SNG (one table) in a row

I'm still new to SitnGo's by my best was won 4 in a row and 7 out of 8. Worst streak is 8 in a row so far.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:14 PM

My personal record is 12. When you hit a slide like that the money isn't even near the worst thing, its the being mentally demoralized and unconfident that really kills you. Fight that hard.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:31 PM

I dropped 11 in a row this weekend and had a four day long horror stretch. I have played about 1000 tourneys and this was by far my worst stretch.

I finished fourth 7 of those 11 times (believe it or not), and it included a one outer, two outer, and four outer all ins which cost me the money. During the week I also lost one with a 93% chance to win on the flop and a 96% chance to chop* (which would have effectively got me into the money). I am partly stating this to get it off my chest, but mainly I want to know if other players have gone through stretches this bad with respect to beats. The reason I ask is I don't mind losing tourneys getting bad cards when I know I couldn't win, but I almost got physically sick this week losing these tourneys when I was in a commanding position.

My game suffered a small bit of tilt to be fair after some of the beats, but I am a pretty solid winning player and finish in the money more than 50%.

*I had 9h 9s against

kh td

flop 9d td 2d

turn 2c

river ts
Old 12-16-2003, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am partly stating this to get it off my chest, but mainly I want to know if other players have gone through stretches this bad with respect to beats. The reason I ask is I don't mind losing tourneys getting bad cards when I know I couldn't win, but I almost got physically sick this week losing these tourneys when I was in a commanding position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unequivocally yes. I also have had some frightening swings recently, from 3 wins in a row to 12 losses in a row. And it was the same deal. I think I had my cards in as a favorite or at least a coin flip every single time in those 12 losses in a row. And it wasn't a situation of having won as a dog a few times to get to that point, either.

I had three tourneys in a row where I was either put out or almost put out on two-outers. This can be very, very frustrating.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:58 PM

I lost 9 of 11 last night and I went down as the underdog in most of them.

I'm betting that's the first time something like that has ever been said in this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 04:03 PM

Default some #s

I'm not sure, 10+ at least.

Just for fun, lets figure out how likely your losing streak is. If you play conservatively, finishing in the $ often, say 40%, but not too many 1sts:

.6^6 = .047, so you'll be starting a 6 (or more) losing streak one out of every 21 tourneys you play.

A more agressive style, with more 1sts but less finishes:

.65^6 = .075 or 1 out of 13 tourneys will be the start of such a streak.

Another example of the seemingly unlikely actually being expected in poker.

Best,

Zooey
Old 12-16-2003, 06:21 PM

All of these are SNGs $30 and up.

Longest losing streak = 9
Longest dry spell = 1 for 16
Longest winning streak = 12, which I never expect to come close to duplicating. Next best is 5, which I've done twice.