Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Book Projects

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
between Phil Helmuth and Sam Grizzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the working title is "Fighting your way to tournament success"

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, did I say collaboration? I meant cage-match. My bad.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:09 PM

Will "Small Stakes Hold'em" include a section on short-handed low-limit games (e.g. Party 1-2 6-max games)?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:39 PM

Will "Small Stakes Hold'em" include a section on short-handed low-limit games (e.g. Party 1-2 6-max games)?

At this point, I'd say no. We've already basically filled the book with other stuff, and, at least for me, there are several other topics I'd prefer to cover than that. These shorthanded games are a very small minority of all small stakes games.

For similar reasons, we probably won't specifically address strange blind structures like $1 and $2 blinds for a $4-$8 game which are popular in Vegas.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:53 AM

with a special chapter focusing on gutshots?
Old 04-25-2004, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with a special chapter focusing on gutshots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, specifically goofball gutshots.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Small Stakes Hold \'em; Winning Big with Expert Play: release date? n/m

Old 04-27-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em; Winning Big with Expert Play: release date? n/m

Ed mentioned in another thread that it would probably be July/August.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em; Winning Big with Expert Play: release date? n/m

Ed mentioned in another thread that it would probably be July/August.

That's the most realistic date I can give now. We'll keep you updated periodically. My part (the writing part) will probably be done within about four weeks. After that it will just be however long it takes to get it proofread, printed, and distributed. As I understand it, this book is currently 2+2's first priority.

It's almost done.. I promise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 09:19 AM

"My part (the writing part) will probably be done within about four weeks. After that it will just be however long it takes to get it proofread, printed, and distributed."

Hallo,
I'm no expert, and obviously you know a lot more about than this project than me, but my understanding of publishing is that it usually takes a lot longer than a couple of months to get a finished manuscript on to bookstores' shelves. What I mean is, if you are just guessing that this is how long it will take, then I would have though it could take quite a lot longer than that. On the other hand if this is what you know/have been told to be the case (and it may well be possible given it's a priority project) then great! Hopefully the latter. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 04:13 PM

I'm no expert, and obviously you know a lot more about than this project than me, but my understanding of publishing is that it usually takes a lot longer than a couple of months to get a finished manuscript on to bookstores' shelves. What I mean is, if you are just guessing that this is how long it will take, then I would have though it could take quite a lot longer than that. On the other hand if this is what you know/have been told to be the case (and it may well be possible given it's a priority project) then great! Hopefully the latter.

This is how long Mason told me it should take. Most publishers sit on manuscripts for a long time because it's not really a priority... they publish them when they get to them. This book is on the fast track, so to speak. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]