Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Disappointed with PV.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that it was deleted is a small surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

OrianasDaad, I hope you have a chance to get back over there and look for your post. Like I said before, I did do a search for it but had no luck, but it is certainly possible that I overlooked something. I hope I'm wrong. If you can spare the time, I'm sure we'd all appreciate knowing for sure that your post is indeed gone.

[ QUOTE ]
I received a PM from Amir:

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a major corporation I cannot give the support you are demanding I can do my best which is what I'm doing. I'm juggling three projects and working 13 hour days and I really don't need this kind of headache on my forums. I don't know what kind of money you think I'm making doing this, but trust me when I tell you its not enough to support me and I've got a multitude of responsibilities outside of PV.

Please, give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really surprising, both that his post to you was a PM, and the attitude that goes with it. I've noticed an attitude problem over there, but Jim has always done well to communicate with the users of the forum. Jim is a very nice fellow and really means well.

We are indeed lucky to have PokerAce - I hope that Ace will learn from some of these experiences that we've had, and not make these same mistakes.

p.s., I did a google dictionary search for 'OrianasDaad' and got "Did you mean Iron-sided?" back... lol ... what is OrianasDaad?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I received a PM from Amir: [ QUOTE ]
This is not a major corporation I cannot give the support you are demanding I can do my best which is what I'm doing. I'm juggling three projects and working 13 hour days and I really don't need this kind of headache on my forums. I don't know what kind of money you think I'm making doing this, but trust me when I tell you its not enough to support me and I've got a multitude of responsibilities outside of PV.

Please, give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that Amir would write something so ignorant to one of his paying customers is a complete turnoff and I (a current paying member) will no longer use Playerview regardless if they make improvements or not. This is something I would expect to hear from someone who is offering a product for free. For the past month, I have had the perception that he no longer cared about Playerview and his PM to you just confirmed that. Simple questions go unanswered and bugs go unfixed.

Its not our fault that he is working on 3 projects. Its not our fault that he is working 13 hour days. As paying customers, we have the right to have a product that works and more importantly voice our opinion when we are displeased. If he can not handle the project by himself, then he needs to take some of that money he is receiving from his product and invest it back into the company by hiring help. His problem is that he viewed the income he was receiving, from going commercial, as his payment for all the previous time he invested. I have no problem with that, but he needs to invest some of that money back into his product (which he is not). And because of that Playerview has gone down the tubes and more than likely will never recover. He had a great business opportunity and blew it.

Bye bye playerview...
Old 07-04-2005, 03:51 PM

Cool! I will be using it. Hope you get stars and UB up and running soon too.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:07 PM

To those of you stupid enough to have purchased Playerview for 50 bucks, let me be (probably not) the first to say...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and...

I TOLD YOU SO

and I'll even throw in a...

NA NA NA NA NA NA
Old 07-04-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I TOLD YOU SO

NA NA NA NA NA NA

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, easy... no need for this. Besides, I don't remember you saying "I told you so" anyway - lol. I think most of us qualified for donation status anyway.

Did you donate?

Will you donate to this wonderful PokerAce? Hope so!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Re: PV expires tomorrow, how many of you are buying? [Re: ThinMan]
#2435866 - 05/19/05 09:35 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Judging from the fact that the product was "released" (sold for cash) before it was fine-tuned, I believe this is a college student in need of bucks. Considering the competition, I don't believe he is going to sell enough of them to justify the frequent tweaking required when the sites and/or pokertracker make changes. Therefore I believe that when he graduates from college and gets a decent job, he will soon lose interest in playerview and his small customer base will be left high and dry.

I could be wrong.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 PM

This will be my only post in this thread, because I won't be drawn into a schlong-measuring contest, but those of you bashing PV, in short, have no clue what the fack you're talking about.

If you bought PV for $50 without understanding who was behind it, and the level of service that would accompany it, then you're a chump, no ifs, ands, or buts. Amir's product was the first of its kind, and I think it's fair to say that the amount of money it made me is in the thousands. When telling my friends about it, I'd always preface my praise with "...and I can't believe the guy's not even charging for it!"

Anyone who did their research would have discovered that this was just a side-project being taken on by a university student and poker enthusiast who selflessly donated hours every single day to work out kinks and answer emails about the program, and there was NO guarantee that his business would be anything different just because he started charging for it.

The fact that anyone thinks he had a responsibility to turn into a large-scale corporation and hire a full-time customer support team, or bend over and spread his cheeks simply because he began charging for his product is laughable. You knew exactly what you were getting when you forked over $50 for the product. And if you didn't, then you're simply a sucker who should have done his research.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you stupid enough to have purchased Playerview for 50 bucks, let me be (probably not) the first to say...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and...

I TOLD YOU SO

NA NA NA NA NA NA

[/ QUOTE ]

PV is right up there with PT as the best investment I've ever made. I don't get your post. what's wrong with it? while you sit here bitching about it not being coded well, I'm using it and not even noticing a problem.

$50 isn't a lot of money. it paid for itself within a week.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

good post from someone who actually knows what he's talking about.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

$50 isn't a lot of money. it paid for itself within a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what happens going forward, the statement above holds true for me as well. I have no regrets.