Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Coolest Strategy Forum
Small Stakes No-Limit 4 2.25%
Mid/High Stakes No-Limit 17 9.55%
Micro Limit 10 5.62%
Small Stakes Limit 52 29.21%
Mid/High Stakes Limit 37 20.79%
Heads-up & Shorthanded 36 20.22%
Multi-Table Tourneys 8 4.49%
Single Table Tourneys 14 7.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: If you were pretty sure that someone stole $4 from you at a B&M?

[ QUOTE ]
I would stand on the table, squat, and take a huge dump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I see you at the pink chip game, I am taking a couple of those pink ones -- if you take a huge dump on the table when someone takes $4 from you, I can't wait to see what you do when someone takes $5.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty tough to make a big stink over $4. I think you handled it perfectly when you told the guy that everythings cool as long as you keep your hands off my chips.

You put him on notice that you were wise to his bs without having to make an asss out of yourself by calling security over 4 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys (other than sfer, who is dead on) are all missing the point. A player should *never* handle/touch another player's stack in a B&M environment. There is never a reason for this to happen. When you get up and go to the bathroom, or grab a bite to eat, you always operate under this assumption. Dealers are there to help enforce, but really not messing with others' stacks is every player's individual responsibility.

So yes, I'd confront the guy about it. Afterall, he possibly took almost 15% of your (way too small) stack!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I had $100 in my pocket. I figured this is a decent bankroll. I just didnt want to put it all on the table at once.

Greg
Old 03-29-2005, 06:30 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

It's an interesting situation. Yes, making a fuss over $4 is kind of trivial, yet what about the principle? How often has he done this to other people? That's what would bother me.

So in one way, I think you handled it fine. In another, I'd want to ask the floor to check a tape to see if he did actually snag some. Then they can see if he has a pattern of it. Also to see if you did actually bet it without realizing it.

Watch the guy in the future.

I don't think the denomination should matter in the decision.

b
Old 03-29-2005, 06:42 PM

9 times out of 10, I'm afraid that I miscounted the chips myself, i.e, I think my towers are in full racks, but Im wrong. I wouldnt feel comfortable levying an accusation like that. I dont believe that people steal $4. It's not like you were missing a black chip or anything.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:47 PM

Default What If You Have A Dream That Someone Stole A Rack Of Red From You ?

To answer your question, $4 isn't much. Just keep an eye on him in the future.

Situation 1:

A friend of mine told me he had the following dream: a well-known local player at Foxwoods, with whom he had played with many times, swiped a rack of red from him while his attention was diverted. He had placed the rack slightly away from himself momentarily while taking care of some other business. The villain in question is a player he considers to be sort of a slickster salesman-type, and who is generally talkative and well-regarded in the poker room. So, my friend followed him around the room after he figured out what had happened, trying to get his money back from him. Unfortunately, the familiar-local/salesman-type kept denying it, just like my friend knew he would.

So, what would you do in a situation like that?

Situation 2:

This same friend told me about another dream he recently had. In this dream, he went on a double-blind-date with Ted Forrest. Ted's girl showed up and his didn't, so he was left in the uncomfortable position of wondering how long he should hang around waiting and making small talk. That was the whole dream.

What would you do in that situation?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: What If You Have A Dream That Someone Stole A Rack Of Red From You ?

I'm not sure about the first one but for Situation 2 the answer is obvious: Tell your friend he needs to get laid (maybe he could use the missing rack of reds from Situation 1).
Old 03-29-2005, 07:03 PM

If he had the brass to steal a lousy four bucks then he probably needs it more than you do (even at a 1/2 table). It doesn't make it right. I don't let people touch my chips. It's as unnatural as another dude grabbing one of your 'nads.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We were having a pretty good time and getting along really well.

We are quoting lines from rounders and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

These two sentences are in direct conflict with each other.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:31 PM

If there was ever a time for the 'Tilt Table Jump' move...THIS WAS IT!........ Too bad he was sitting next to you. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Personally, If you are both regs, I probably give the benefit of the doubt and move on, with a more watchful eye in the future.

Anything else, I either raise a stink or table jump. I don't buyin to the 'only 4 bucks' point of view. Sounds more like 20% to me. What if those where nickels or quarters? 20% becomes a bigger deal and whats to say this individual hasn't done it before or is practicing for a bigger table?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
9 times out of 10, I'm afraid that I miscounted the chips myself, i.e, I think my towers are in full racks, but Im wrong. I wouldnt feel comfortable levying an accusation like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't ask the floor unless I was very sure. Even then, I'd present it in a way that I could be wrong, just in case. I'd probably ask them to confirm that I did bet with the chips. This way, you're not accusing anyone, just looking out for the game. It's not like you're making this claim every session or orbit.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like you were missing a black chip or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Size of the chip is irrelevant when considering game integrity. If someone is stealing chips, it doesn't matter if it's a 100-200 game or a penny game.

b