Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 05-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Huxley Huxley is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada
Default Re: programmer needed - will pay

I'm not trying to make any kind of ethical statement about bot acceptability, i'm just facing reality.

People who are serious about making money (ie. financing their ongoing lives) playing online poker are going to utilize any software that gives them an advantage. If there are analytical tools that allow you to play 20 or 40 tables simultaneously, without making any mistakes and having instant access to a wealth of statistical measures that ensure you are milking the last drop of profit from your play, you'd be a fool to ignore them.

As alluded to in my prior post in this thread, this is a slippery slope that IMO is unavoidable - anyone who can run a CPU farm in their basement and make $20K per 24 hours without being detected and with only intermittent human intervention isn't going to stop voluntarily.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:20 AM
2easy 2easy is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
...anyone who can run a CPU farm in their basement and make $20K per 24 hours without being detected and with only intermittent human intervention isn't going to stop voluntarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

and just what do you think the likelihood of not being detected would be if your account showed those parameters?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:11 PM
MixedNuts MixedNuts is offline
Junior Member

If opponent profiling is considered "cheating". What do they think we do with the hand histories they make available?

Doesn't make sense.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 04:18 PM
teddyFBI teddyFBI is offline
Member

Where's the line, though? What if you program the very same application to fold your foldable hands, BUT ALSO auto-raise every AA - QQ, with you then taking over the play "manually" post-flop?? This distinction you're trying to make between a folding-only bot, and one that can act with bets, calls, and raises is a fictitious one. Fold'Em is a bot.

Another reason I'd be very cautious about using something that auto-acts, is that even while it may only cost $25 to buy, all it takes is for the program to malfunction once and fold one of your AA hands, and boom, that's a 3+ BB loss ($100 at the 15/30) No piece of software is worth that.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:59 PM
RedManPlus RedManPlus is offline
Senior Member

Location: Canada

Has Party ever posted a list or specific guidelines...
In terms of what software is acceptable?

My understanding is no.

7. Anti-Cheating Software.

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable artificial intelligence ("AI Software") to play on our site such as, but not limited to opponent-profiling, player collusion, cheating software or anything else that we deem enables you to have an unfair advantage over other players. You acknowledge that the Company will take measures to detect and prevent the use of such programs and AI Software using methods including but not limited to screen scraping or reading the list of currently running programs on a player's computer and you agree not to use any AI Software and/or any such programs.

[/ QUOTE ] link

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks...
But this just itemizes certain generic categories of poker software...
Most of which contain zero AI code...
To which they are "not limited to".

The "surveilance guys" at Party Poker...
Are certainly familiar with all popular poker software...
And should make specific lists.

For example, Poker Tracker ok...
But PokerEdge is 100% profiling and banned.

Your money is on the line.

They should be crystal clear...
Not making arbitrary decisions on a case by case basis.

But they will never do this.
Being vague gives them TOTAL power over your account.

rm+

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 AM
imported_bingobazza imported_bingobazza is offline
Senior Member

I have no desire to cheat at poker, and dont need to. When I opened up my account at eurobet, I told them on the phone, and by email that my intention was to use a fold em type program. Here is the email and their response which they sent to me after our phone conversation at my request.

Hi there,

On some of the other poker websites that I play on, I use a piece of software to fold my hands when I play multiple tables. The software can be found at www.fold-em.com. Simply put, I define that hands in this software that I do not want to play, and my cards are automatically folded for me, meaning I can take more time to concentrate on the important hands that I want to play.

Can you please tell me if this is against your terms and conditions? I havent yet used this software on your site. I do not want to risk having my account closed and my bankroll confiscated, but do not want to play heavily on your site if there is any risk of this.

A prompt reply would be appreciated.

regards

account name - xxxxxxxxxxxx

and their reply..........

Old 05-28-2005, 09:34 AM
RedManPlus RedManPlus is offline
Senior Member

Location: Canada

Your post is completely meaningless.

I can't believe you are posting...
That this or that is OK...
Based on a 10 word email from some chickie...
That has no clue about poker software categories.

Are you 18?

Life is full of risks.
Is this how you manage risk?

A Pre-Flop Bot is a BOT.
A Bot may or may not have AI decision making code.

Poker sites can ban you for any reason...
Including bad breath.

Make your stake...
Keep on tip-toeing through the Minefield...
Take advantage before the good times and easy money come to an end...
Cheat if you must...
But don't give us this crapola...
That some chickie in EU said Bots are OK.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:31 AM
ThePike ThePike is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]

We would like to inform you that you can use any software as long as you are over 18 years old.

Kind Regards
Lina
Eurobet Customer Service

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see why the age should have anything to do with it. It's really as she even doesn't know what the word "software" means... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 01:34 PM
OrcaDK OrcaDK is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
We would like to inform you that you can use any software as long as you are
over 18 years old.

Kind Regards
Lina
Eurobet Customer Service

[/ QUOTE ]

... And you obviously got the usual reply confirming that support dit not read your email.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:07 PM
imported_bingobazza imported_bingobazza is offline
Senior Member

the point is I have written confirmation from a company represnetative saying its Ok to do what I asked....WRITTEN CONFIRMATION....