Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: nude bluffing

[ QUOTE ]
1)Am I correct that you guys would bet with any two cards here?

2)Assuming that UTG calls your turn bet and SB folds do you typically fire again on the river unimproved?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

1) yes, as long as they arnt big calling stations
2) if i think theres reasonable chance he folds (be it that hes super weak/tight, river is scary, etc) but usually, no.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 6 max, 5 handed

i get 75o in the BB - UTG open limps - folded to the SB who completes

flop is 4s 2d 9h - all check

turn is As - the SB checks - i bet

i reckon this is always right unless you have a particular read that says it isnt but maybe its like the frank zappa thingee and i just love to nude bluff a lot ??

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a bluff. You have 10 outs.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:03 PM

No real experience at 10/20, but at 5/10 I fire on the flop a good portion of the time facing an openlimp, SB complete, and SB flop check.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No real experience at 10/20, but at 5/10 I fire on the flop a good portion of the time facing an openlimp, SB complete, and SB flop check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was about to say. This is almost a autobet on the flop for me. My guess is that strip is worried that one of the two will call with any two overcards, and he'll have to fire again on the turn to pick it up, but I still take a shot here at least 50% of the time.

By the time it gets to him on the turn, 100% autobet.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that strip is worried that one of the two will call with any two overcards, and he'll have to fire again on the turn to pick it up, but I still take a shot here at least 50% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

thats an accurate description of why i dont routinely bet the flop - this isnt a great flop to nude bluff and usually i dont think its common enough for the open limper to fold to a single flop bet

Old 09-13-2005, 07:02 PM

I think there's too many overcard combinations your opponents could have on a 9 high flop. I'll bluff a lot of flops in this exact situation but this isn't one of them.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM

If you were the SB and not the BB (with two opponents left to act instead of one) would you still bet this?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's too many overcard combinations your opponents could have on a 9 high flop. I'll bluff a lot of flops in this exact situation but this isn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't do this all the time, and it depends a lot on the UTG limper, but with a pot so tiny offering 4:1 on the flop often coaxes a fold out of an open-limper even on a board with such a low top card. I'm also more likely to do this on the flop if SB is the kind of player who takes stabs at the pot (since he'll have first crack at it on the turn when the odds offered are worse and with only one card to come).
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were the SB and not the BB (with two opponents left to act instead of one) would you still bet this?

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said i think these positions defy a precise analysis - the answer would be that i definately do some of the time but its not as likely as this spot

Old 09-14-2005, 04:35 AM

grisgra-
is this a 100% auto bet on the turn no matter what the turn card is? or is it only because the turn was an ace and the likelihood of either opponent (given their action) having an ace is very minimal and you wish to represent it? if it is only because the turn was an ace would a king or queen also qualify for the auto bet here?