Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   nude bluffing (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335693)

stripsqueez 09-13-2005 04:10 AM

nude bluffing

10/20 6 max, 5 handed

i get 75o in the BB - UTG open limps - folded to the SB who completes

flop is 4s 2d 9h - all check

turn is As - the SB checks - i bet

i reckon this is always right unless you have a particular read that says it isnt but maybe its like the frank zappa thingee and i just love to nude bluff a lot ??

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

NLSoldier 09-13-2005 04:11 AM

Re: nude bluffing

yep

cartman 09-13-2005 04:14 AM

1)Am I correct that you guys would bet with any two cards here?

2)Assuming that UTG calls your turn bet and SB folds do you typically fire again on the river unimproved?

Thanks,
Cartman

NLSoldier 09-13-2005 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2)Assuming that UTG calls your turn bet and SB folds do you typically fire again on the river unimproved?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 2 is a no.

Danenania 09-13-2005 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 2 is a no.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a no for me except for certain boards with certain players who you can put on a draw with pretty good certainty. Even then if you have a paint card it's often better to check.

Trix 09-13-2005 04:25 AM

re 2) If you think he has a draw and you have no showdown value.

krishanleong 09-13-2005 07:40 AM

Just to clarify the idea is some/many UTG players would have bet with an ace. So the ace functions as both a scare card and a card your opponent is unlikely to have?

Krishan

spamuell 09-13-2005 07:55 AM

Standardness. This works an absurdly high amount of the time.

I don't follow through on the river if called by UTG but if the 2 or 9 on the flop was a spade then I would.

stripsqueez 09-13-2005 09:53 AM

i dont put any bets in on the river (unless i hit my gutser which i only just now noticed i had so yeah i bet any 2 here)

the idea isnt a specific he doesnt have an ace because he didnt bet last time - i suppose thats part of it - but its simply that in my experience i'm getting about 15/10 for a bet that wins more than 40% of the time - i could try and characterise and explain nude bluffing spots but i think the reality is just keeping track of the game and your opponents and then spotting the value - in other words i think nude bluffing is best practiced as a feel thing

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

imitation 09-13-2005 10:31 AM

Would anyone else just bet the flop after SB checked? I would like 90% of the time. Yes I mean with any 2.