Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Oops

I have been to many functions, events, meetings, etc. with my company where the owner and president of the company were present. But I either of them would even know my name, let alone say that they have ever met me. I think the key point that Cheney was trying to make was that Edwards has been absent from Congress much more than he has actually attended.

The picture simply shows that they have been in the same room before. That doesn't really meen that they have met.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:34 AM

According to Tim Russert, Cheney and Edwards met and shook hands backstage at Meet The Press. Plus they sat next to each other for 3 hours at that prayer breakfast.

I don't think it is too unusual that Edwards would not have met Cheney on the Senate floor. After all, Edwards probably doesn't want to be told to go [censored] himself.

If Cheney wanted to make the point that Edwards was absent, he could have done it without lying about never having me him.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:03 PM

I think it more likely that is was simply a non-memorable meeting. Given the amount of functions like this that the VP and Edwards would have to attend in the course of their duties makes it likely. Supporting that thought is the fact that Edwards didnt rebutt the point at all. It was only after the fact that it was made known.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Double Oops

Double Oops.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Double Oops

More lies

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/6/11163/2940
Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it more likely that is was simply a non-memorable meeting. Given the amount of functions like this that the VP and Edwards would have to attend in the course of their duties makes it likely. Supporting that thought is the fact that Edwards didnt rebutt the point at all. It was only after the fact that it was made known.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really would have liked to see Edwards rebutt the point during the dabate. Maybe it would have gone like this.
Cheney: You've got one of the worst attendance records in the United States Senate.Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session.

The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight.

Edwards: You are incorrect about that, we've met at a prayer breakfast 8 days after you took office.

I'm not sure about the exact number of days there but its under 2 weeks. Also I'd wonder when the senate came back into session after the inauguration of Bush and Cheney. It seems possible that if the senate was out of session from the inauguation to this prayer breakfast that Cheney could have clarified this to be "In the time period I"ve presided over the senate I've never met you"
Old 10-06-2004, 04:40 PM