Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: No Set But I Bet

hand 1: fold preflop
After that it's ok, you are likely ahead here, but do not have that much equity, your hand is vulnerable.

hand 2: I don't raise that preflop, but after a raise I would bet that flop too.

hand 3: you got lucky. I don't think that play is +EV longrun, I'd c/f on the flop.

Edit: Just saw you were SB in hand 1, so a call is probably correct.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: fold preflop
After that it's ok, you are likely ahead here, but do not have that much equity, your hand is vulnerable.

hand 2: I don't raise that preflop, but after a raise I would bet that flop too.

hand 3: you got lucky. I don't think that play is +EV longrun, I'd c/f on the flop.

Edit: Just saw you were SB in hand 1, so a call is probably correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not suggesting open-limping or folding hand 2. I think there are several ways to play hand 3 but I don't think this way is at all horrible.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're not suggesting open-limping or folding hand 2. I think there are several ways to play hand 3 but I don't think this way is at all horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe my preflop play shorthanded sucks, but openlimp from MP1 was my first idea.

I didn't say it hand 3 was entirely bad, but I don't think it is +EV longrun. Even if no one has a T our hand is really vulnerable and you cannot count on folding 3 people that easily.
The riverbet is also not correct IMO since only a better hand will call.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:56 AM

Hand 1 and 2 are perfect.

Hand 3 is close, but you probably have the best hand here often enough. Easy to let go of if someone gets aggressive on the turn or river.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:15 AM

I think this kind of play stands to kill some profit long term, to often at a looser table middle pair will call through to get ya. The first 2 hands arent bad given the reads but the 3rd is, i dont think ur draggin that pot.
When Im in a hand like these I bet primairly if I think theres a lot of fold equity. Its tough to valeu bet these hands.
CDL
Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 AM

Guys, I honestly think there is some weak-tight advice going around in here. Just because your middle-to-low PP doesn't hit a set it doesn't mean you're possibly not ahead. Take a look at this link where Entity value bets his low PP with no set.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Hands 1 & 2 are very purty in my opinion.

I like Hand 3 as well. Nobody has shown you any agression yet, so bet that river.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe my preflop play shorthanded sucks, but openlimp from MP1 was my first idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you raise from this position on Absolute 1/2 you can expect to have 1-2 callers and have position on at least one of them. This is an OK scenario with a mid-smallish pocket pair.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM

Sure you can value bet a PP, but you need solid reads. Low limit is so loose passive and mid pair that has you beat is a common holding. I like plays 1, and 2 but not 3 as stated. Medium pocket pairs but 55 and down are money holes for most people who dont have solid reads...
cdl
Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure you can value bet a PP, but you need solid reads. Low limit is so loose passive and mid pair that has you beat is a common holding. I like plays 1, and 2 but not 3 as stated. Medium pocket pairs but 55 and down are money holes for most people who dont have solid reads...
cdl

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of read you need for hand 3 here? No one is folding a T here or two overcards.