Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Re: The lost Doc

[ QUOTE ]
Nevermind, I think we can oficially declare that the Second US. SNG was won by an exiled inhabitant of the old continent [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit that this is quite funny, since the Euro SNG winner, and leader of the Euro leaderboard, is actually not a European, but an Israeli, who holds an American passport! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On the other hand, my grandparents all came from eastern Europe, Poland and Ukraine, so I have some deep roots in the old continent.

Anyway, as for the SNGs, I'm proud to be a European, side by side with the best of them all: William, Byron, Perkin, and others, against our villains, the AMERICANS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Anybody mentioned identity problems? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: US SnG results

[ QUOTE ]

Kurn seemed a little annoyed that the short stack just wouldn't go away too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I arrived home about 5 minutes too late to join the SnG, but watched most of the action while I got into my own SnG. Good thing too. Lots more dead money where the other game was. I was almost dead myself, with 400 in chips and in 12th place out of 12 people before my A6 sucked out against A8 and AJ tripling me up. I was rooting for Wad, who was in a very similar situation as I. We both made comebacks. He finished 2nd, I finished 3rd in my game.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: US SnG results

Congrats Kurn,

I was planning to play but totally forgot and instead was playing some NL on Ultimate. Maybe next week.

Ken Poklitar
Old 03-31-2004, 03:45 PM

hehe this is pretty damn funny too.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:50 PM

Default N.American Leaderboard Results

Well, here are this week's North American Leaderboard Results

Bear in mind that this week, as well as maybe another couple weeks, our leaderboard will not look too impressive. In order to qualify to be listed, players must play at least two events

1 heyrocker - 110 pts
2 Shub314 - 69 pts
3 thomastem - 50 pts
4 XlgJoe - 41 pts
5 t_perkin 2+2 - 31 pts
6 skaboomizzy - 30 pts

Obviously for now this may not be the best representation for how players are doing and we are no doubt leaving a few players off who have accumulated significant points totals. KURN for example has 100 pts after yesterday's win. As the weeks accumulate and we eventually slip into an ongoing ten week total, this will start to really take shape as it should

Regards,
Brad S
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe there were a couple of 2+2 players that couldn't get in as it filled very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something of a concern for those players who want to actively take part in the leaderboard.

Remember, if it gets much more popular and we start playing second games, I will allow points to be earned from a second game so long as at least half the players in the game are 2+2. Keep in mind also that if you play in more than just the main game, you will only earn points from your best finish, not both

Regards,
Brad S