Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   US SnG results (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=76898)

t_perkin 03-31-2004 06:39 AM

US SnG results

Nobody seems to have posted them... and the Doc and Vinny were both not around?

So here you go:

1: KURN (Cranston), $72.00 (40%)
2: Wadd (Winona), $54.00 (30%)
3: Ruddiger (Sammamish), $36.00 (20%)
4: FloppedFlush (Alexandria), $18.00 (10%)
5: heyrocker (Chicago),
6: MobyDick (København),
7: thomastem (Marengo),
8: mm12mm3 (Bethlehem),
9: XlgJoe (lindley),
10: skaboomizzy (Tampa),
11: NotMitch (Somerville),
12: DaGrifter (Milford),
13: C.M. Burns (Davis),
14: Husker66 (Fort Worth),
15: codewarrior (Mentor),
16: Shub314 (Victoria),
17: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
18: wayabvpar (Bellevue),

I would tell you something about this tournament but as you can see I put in a truly abysmal performance.
I am going to stop playing the US games - I have learnt everything I can from playing these: "Don't play tired" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Glad to see Thomastem the hired assassin did not manage to finish higher than William [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats to Kurn !

Tim

XlgJoe 03-31-2004 09:29 AM

Re: US SnG results

Good game Kurn. Also good job preventing the Euro invaders from winning, and getting swelled heads.

Kurn, son of Mogh 03-31-2004 10:13 AM

Thanks. I was getting reasonable cards most of the night. We were four handed for a while, then I knocked out the other 3 in the space of 4 hands. Nothing like getting the right cards at the right time.

DrPhysic 03-31-2004 10:13 AM

The lost Doc

Yeah, The Doc got lost.

One of the liabilities to my work is that I am on call 24/7/365 and if somebody's industrial automation computer system goes down, I am instantly gone to get it fixed and get his plant running again. Happened last night.

I am pleased at the turnout. I recognize 17 of the 18 as 2+2ers. Congrats Kurn.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

William 03-31-2004 10:18 AM

Re: The lost Doc

Want to go full time, master the sitngo. Less grind and less variance.

Doc, no shame in admitting you chickened out (ok, a little shame perhaps) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kurn, congrats. 12½ % danish is good enough, the invasion has begun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Wad 03-31-2004 10:39 AM

Congrats Kurn!

I was stuck as the short stack most of the night and managed a few suckouts when I needed them the most. I think the worst one was my KJo vs. heyrocker's AK (I'd tell you I'm sorry heyrocker but I'm not). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kurn seemed a little annoyed that the short stack just wouldn't go away too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just kidding you guys!

Had a good time and hope to play every week if my schedule allows it.

XlgJoe 03-31-2004 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pleased at the turnout. I recognize 17 of the 18 as 2+2ers. Congrats Kurn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there were a couple of 2+2 players that couldn't get in as it filled very fast.

Kurn, son of Mogh 03-31-2004 01:39 PM

Kurn, congrats. 12½ % danish is good enough

Mix with 50% Irish & 37.5% Italian, then throw in my grandson who adds Portuguese and African to the mix and you get.......a human!!

William 03-31-2004 01:50 PM

Mix with 50% Irish & 37.5% Italian

No, no, there is no backing out now.
I can see you are practically nothing else than European. Were you kidnapped and sailed to the states as a child?

Nevermind, I think we can oficially declare that the Second US. SNG was won by an exiled inhabitant of the old continent [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 03-31-2004 01:54 PM

are there any hands to talk about or what?
I am living vicariously through you guys with this one as I was unable to make it because of softball practice