Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Where Do You Fit In Religion Wise?

B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
Old 09-21-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Does anyone of the bazzillion post above me say something like this?

I'm too lazy to skim myself.
Did anybody say " I dont believe in god persay but i do believe in the mighty Poker God, a spiritual entity which delves out good luck on the poker table."
because thats what i think
Old 09-21-2004, 10:40 AM

This relates to the fact that if there is a god he exists outside of time.

There is no 1 million years ago as far as God is concerned. That is a perception of temporal beings such as ourselves.

To God there would be only an infinite now.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B with a bullet. God is, Jesus was, is and is coming back and the Holy spirit is here now.

No doubt whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats where I'm at...except I have a problem with these descriptions:

[ QUOTE ]
A. There is a god who worries about us, will answer prayers

[/ QUOTE ]

Change that to a god who "loves" us and will "hear" our prayers.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:02 PM

hi mr. sklansky,

i didn't have a whole lot of time to explain the type communication delivery systems GOD has in place. actually, if i were hearing this for the first time, and with no experience in this matter, i'd really have a hard time believing that such a thing is possible. really, i used to think that GOD was there for us only after we're dead. i didn't think HE messed around with us a lot pre-death. but no. i can now say that i was very wrong about that assumption. GOD does interact tangibly on the planet. by the way, i edited the previous post, but it reads in unedited form.

GOD's communication delivery systems....now, i'm not stupid. that's not the easiest thing to believe. but let me tell you something; through a series of GOD related events, great skeptics were compelled to have to grit their teeth and listen to my interpretation of GOD....ouch. and mr. sklansky, great skeptics were forced to have to admit that, while i wasn't explaining what was happening exactly correct; i didn't have the fancy scientific terminology one is suppose to have before being believed by a great skeptic; nevertheless, great skeptics were forced to admit that the knee pressure weighting down on their chests had its origin in my chit chat with them. GOD also has armies of what mainstream science thinks are possibly extraterrestrials, but at any rate, definately aren't human. that's true. GOD is very intelligent like that because you can't convince anyone that they are angels, and if you could it still isn't the best idea, because then you create a situation where people start wanting to worship angels in place of GOD HIMSELF. best to say nothing about them. if anyone has a problem with angels, you tell them 'well, what's up with all the bullying riff raff?'. angels are GOD'S military to put man's military in check when things go bad.

i read an article once asking, 'where was GOD?' during 911. where was GOD? mr. sklansky, the only glitch in that whole 911 operation was the glitch by GOD, when HE sent a huge object zooming across the sky, in all the north eastern states. it was reported by cnn and all the major networks. now, that happened 5 or 6 weeks prior to 911. while we will never know what was going on behind the scenes during that time, something tells me that somehow GOD was communicating his displeasure over the whole thing and very articulately at that. well, i can tell you for a fact that GOD was there. the response? 'oh, that was just a fireball.'.

we had a lightening event too, but i will leave that one for later.

.....'ruthless' hated; i edited the 'ruthfully' out of my previous post, but the edit didn't take for some reason. is ruthfully a word? let's see.....nope. at least not by little webster's. tired.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:36 PM

I'm also answering B.
The Messiah came already. His kingdom was not of this world. A lot of the world couldn't accept that, or Him.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:57 PM

I think the quote above is total nonsense. Crunching numbers and peering through microscopes does not necessarily give you a mind alien to the concept of God. Rather, in many of the BEST minds, it inspires awe and belief.
Many prominent astrophysicists believe in God. Running a few probabilities pales in comparison with their achievements.
Our math is still primitive--too primitive to make anything but a guess about most things. Why be so ARROGANT?
When Quantum mechanics and their implied mathematics are fully understood (sometime in the dim future) we will see the Universe entirely differently. Math tells us that some percent of the time you can walk through a brick wall--why does it give you the idea that Miracles, or Supernatural Intervention couldn't occur?
Old 09-23-2004, 01:11 AM

Default the Almighty One...

M. an Almighty Creator who knows no bounds, restrictions, denomination, man-made religion, and who is the overseer and ruler of all and the universe. one who is omnipresent and the father of Jesus-- a BLACKMAN of AFRICAN HERITAGE AND DESCENT.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: George Carlin has it all figured out

Amen, Brother.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: George Carlin has it all figured out

[ QUOTE ]
Amen, Brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

George Carlin is definitely a funny, intelligent guy. He's has a right to believe what he wants to believe. Just as I have a right to believe what I want to. We all have the right to that, thats what this country is obviously founded on. And I'm sure a good liberal like George would have no intentions on infringing on anyone's rights or beliefs.

What makes this rant from George funny and acceptable for a lot of people, is that its aimed at the Christian right. I know we have to be politically correct and watch what we say...but one area we can all get a good laugh and knock someone's beliefs, without fear of wrath of the PC police is running down the Christian right.

But notice he uses descriptions like "invisible" man in the sky. He's really running down anyone who believes in a supreme being...native americans, muslims, Buddhists, etc. Anyone who believes in a higher power is somehow ignorant.

But ofcourse the reason why this rant is funny and acceptable is because its aimed at the Christain right...I wonder what would happen if Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly made a similair rant involving Islam...would the PC police be silent in the matter, do you think?

I've been a big fan of George Carlin, up until I caught this on a comedy special some years back...I'm still a fan...but lost a little respect for him. Why, because of his lack of respect for other beliefs than is own. He really seems closed minded, in regards to this issue....but once again, notice he offends all believers in a higher power...not just the Christian.