Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: CHESS Match for cash

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are tons of drawing lines, (forced draws or extremely drawish) in every opening. Here is just one example:

1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.cxd5 cxd5 4.Nf3 Nf6 5.Nc3 Nc6 6.Bf4 Bf5 7.e3 e6 8.Bd3 Bxd3 9.Qxd3 Bd6 10.Bxd6 Qxd6

[/ QUOTE ]

You must understand that there is nothing forced about this line starting from move 1.

Kasparov, playing against Opponent X for 1,000 games, wouldn't play the moves that get into what you're calling a drawish position.

[/ QUOTE ]

If white wants to, he can make it quite difficult to win. In one of kasparov's main lines, the najdorf, many 6. bg5 lines are known to be a draw. or force black to take an inferior position.

I can be giving some of the members of this thread to much credit, becaues even with a theoritically won position, if you do not know the correct plan you will get owned anyway.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure this is a simul game, and Kaspy just gave the guy the draw because he obviously wanted it. Kaspy I am sure knows that Be7 was correct in the Svesh. And in response to some previous topic about taking on Kaspy in 1k games, I am about 1900 USCF(which for people who don't know is decent, but not yet a master. Far above the average chum who plays chess), and he would crush me convincingly in every game. Blindfolded, two at a time, 4 at a time blindfolded, it doesn't matter. It's like me or any decent player taking on a newbie who just started. We can beat them blindfolded just as he could me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe a solid A player who prepared for Kasparov would score on him out of 1000 games. Especially if blindfolded. There have been games where GMs have dropped queens when blindfolded, hell even while not blindfolded!

I would expect to win a few with enough games against Kasparov. For what it's worth,I am approximately 2200.

Playing you or I, Kasparov would not be into the game. It is very difficult to play well when playing weak players, players often drop the level of their competition.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:03 AM

im curently moving house, so you will have to give me a few days.

from what i can remeber, i think you should be resigning soon anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].