Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Gun Owners, who has fired at a person?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he would have come at me with a knife, I would have turned to the right, blocked it with my right palm on his forearm grabbing hold of it, and with my free left hand placed it on his upper arm near his shoulder, then in one quick thrust pulled with my right hand and push all my weight into my left hand and taken him down...worst case for him in that situation is reconstructive surgery to his arm and shoulder.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now picturing a sequel movie next summer:
The Gay Bodyguard. This time Whitney needs someone to protect her and watch Trading Spaces during the down time.
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks LOL for the first time ever there was a thread about me that did not have a gay comment. Thanks for changing that.

The Gay Bodyguard?!?!?

How about....
Butch Cassidy and the Crisco Kid
or
Hung Guns
or
City Lickers

Give me a break USM!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the [censored] do you have a glock sitting in the back seat of your car?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I can. In this instance I hade it in a duffle bag that was unziped. But in my everyday driving it sits snuggly behind the drivers seat in that pouch for the rear pasengers. Very easy to get if needed.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve, you [censored] rock!

If I even said anything to offend you in the past, please forgive me, and take me off your "people to kill" list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there was that one time....at band camp!

LOL

Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you glad you live in CA where the majority of people aren't [censored] psycho?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is to Big Steve.

I am refraining from commenting on your experience because I wasn't there.

It's easy for everyone here to spout off what they would do if faced with a similiar situation, but the true is, they don't know until they are (hopefully they never have to) faced with a similiar situation.

One point: I'm not sure how successful the prosecutor would have been in determining how well you would have been able to defend yourself from this guy just because you had some height and weight on him. Seems like to me it would have been pretty simple to defend against that.

What all did the guy have on his rap sheet? Should he have been in jail for his previous crimes? Seems like to me this was a case of escalating violence.

Glad you came out ok. There's no telling what this guy would have done had he successfully stolen your car. Who says he wouldn't have then entered your house?

Scary stuff. Glad I have not had to deal with anything like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was wanted for a manslaughter, car jacking, auto burglary(4 counts), grand larceny, grand theft auto (2 counts), armed robbery(3 counts) and capital murder(2 counts). and those were just his felonies.

It was not going to be an " oh here take the car keys and leave I don't want no trouble " type of meeting that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all that crap there was still a long ass trial?? Man, this country is soo [censored] up in so many ways

[/ QUOTE ]

Criminal Trials never came up, The trials I am talking about are civil, the one against the Sheriff's office(my Employer) and the one against me(personal). They were both dismissed with prejudice. meaning they could never be retried for those who do not know legalese.

Big Steve
Old 05-21-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you glad you live in CA where the majority of people aren't [censored] psycho?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Mississippi is weird too. I graduated High School in 1993 and when I was it school it was nothing for juniors and seniors to pull up in their mud covered truck and have a shotgun in the back window from where they were out hunting that morning.

Amazing how 4 years changes things...I am only about an hour from Pearl, MS, where Luke Woodham went on a shooting spree in 1997.