Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Lost on every street.

No good reads on any of the players, the table seemed passive. I bet the flop since my hand was vulnerable and I was worried that it might be checked through if I didn't bet. The check raise convinced me I was behind on the flop, but then...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Zolltron is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Zolltron calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Zolltron bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Zolltron calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Zolltron checks, MP2 checks, CO folds.

River: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Zolltron raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Zolltron calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between BB and Zolltron.</font>
Old 09-12-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Lost on every street.

I don't think I would bet this flop. I think this pot is too small to try to protect a vulnerable hand.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:29 PM

When BB 3-bets it's pretty clear he just made a straight with KJ. He might have made 2 pair, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry, KT.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I was worried about the size of the pot, but my thinking was as follows. If I get a bet behind me I will be getting at least 5.5-1 on my call. My outs are live so long as my opponent isn't holding KT, so I can count them as almost 5 outs. Including the probability I have the best hand now and implied odds, I think I have to call a bet. If I'm going to call a bet, I'd rather bet myself. It allows me to gain more information from a raise.

The thing I lose in this case, is the ability to fold to a lp bet and a check-raise by ep (which would have been important in this case). How do you decide, if you are going to call a single bet, when you bet yourself or when you check?

Thanks!

-zolltron
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 AM

The flop is a tossup, and when in doubt, its usually best to bet. The check raise is a bad sign, but when he doesn't follow through on the turn with a bet, I probably bet out again based on implied odds.

River I play the same.

Of course, I am known for reckless aggression [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 AM

On a separate topic, I love the turn. Even though it happens all the time, every time I see someone fold without a bet in front I crack up.