Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2004, 05:13 PM

Default KK laydown - did I play this correctly?

I always hate to lay down KK, but it wasn't that tough of a decision this hand. Would you have tossed sooner?

One read: the Button is a maniac. I have him tracked (thanks PokerTracker!) as doing something as insane as raising preflop with 98o, and then betting or raising to the river with no help and overcards on the board.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls $0.02 (All-In), MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (21.02 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (27.02 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 29.02 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.12 BB, between MP2, UTG+1 and UTG+2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 16.90 BB, between MP2 and UTG+1.</font>
Old 09-12-2004, 05:24 PM

Default Re: KK laydown - did I play this correctly?

You should call IMO. The pot is huge; you are getting good enough pot odds to draw to the straight, and you are ahead against someone playing a diamond flush draw strongly. The ten should not scare you, either should the raise by the button since you say he is maniac anyways. I think this is a weak laydown, it can be gut-wrenching to lay down such a large pot in a small stakes game.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: KK laydown - did I play this correctly?

I would have layed it down after the flop. With all the pre-fold betting and raising, and the same after the flop, I think you have to figure at least one of the 5 players involved in the post-flop betting has an ace. If you stay in to the turn like you did and see that it was a ten, I would have seen the river to see if you could hit a jack or another king.