Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2004, 02:17 AM

Default Live 5/10 - River Decision with small flush

I'm at a nice 5/10 table... one other good player, two horrid players and the rest are goofballs of varying degrees of mediocrity. It seems like the best table ever, but I'm not getting cards.

I'm in MP3 with 4d3d and decide it's time for some creative limping... about 6-7 players see a J high flop with two diamonds... check to me, I bet, button (good player) raises. 3-4 calls, I call.

Turn is a 7, check to raiser, he bets, SB (horrid player) calls, MP2 calls, I call.

River is the 7 of diamonds (completing my flush and pairing the board). SB bets. MP2 folds.

SB is a horrid player and could be betting almost anything and I think it's likely I have him beat.

Button is a good player who is capable of folding a decent hand if he's pretty sure he's beat. I'm fairly sure he hasn't filled up. He may call a single bet but probably won't call if I raise. He considers me a good player.

At the time I thought my river decision was relatively straightforward (although I did pause to give it some thought) but upon reflection I'm not sure...

Do I CALL or RAISE?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Live 5/10 - River Decision with small flush

If I'm reading your post right, it looks like you are wondering whether or not to go for an overcall from the button. I think your best play is to raise, because you're almost certain to get an extra bet from the SB, but the button may not even call one bet. If the button calls two bets, then that's a nice bonus.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:50 AM

Out of curiosity, where were you playing? Rama/Heron?

Adam
Old 09-12-2004, 09:08 AM

Brantford
Old 09-12-2004, 12:21 PM

Yes, that is the question...

And that was my thinking. However, afterwards I was wondering if I wasn't needlessly opening myself up to getting 3-bet if the Button did fill up or costing myself more chips than necessary if SB actually did have a hand. I don't expect SB to 3-bet unless he had quads.

Was the risk really worth the reward? I think it was but do better poker minds agree?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 PM

was this yesterday? i was there yesterday from 1:30ish to 8 playing at the 2/5 table, great times, i finished up 28BB which was awesome and i met up with Gamblor there who was hitting up the 20/40 game.

i raise the river in your hand.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:04 PM

yes... I played 6:30pm to midnight. I was at a great table but only won 6 hands the entire session and walked away with a mere 1 BB for the night's efforts.