Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Re: New Custom Design Group Buy

Tabasco:

My first thought with respect to constructive criticism would be that I would try a little harder to minimize "color reuse" between differing chips.

The "olive" reused between the Club and Joker takes away a little from the impact of the set (IMHO) as does the reuse of red between the Heart and Diamond.

Other than that, pretty nice design.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:54 AM

I think differing computer monitors are going to play a big role in percieved color here, While the green maybe a little pale, On my screen, I wouldn't call it olive, I think the green i am going for is a little brighter and more saturated.
I'll move more into EXACT colors when I have enough interest. Anyone with a pantone swatch book can check out the real colors [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As for the red's, well the "$5" chip has to be red and the heart really looks best red, the heart is the one suit i wanted "true" color. I think there is enough white to show a real distinct difference between the two chips.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:05 AM

I like them just the way they are. Great job. My faves are the black, and the green. I'm more into traditional clay chips, why doesn't someone do a group buy on a nice classy clay w/1" inlay. But I will consider these if the price is low enough. Very nice job.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:46 PM

The Olive color for the club is the only one I would consider changing. It looked like you were using the 4-color suits as a theme, so green for club is the obvious choice. I'd rather see a more energizing color (Blue?), or at least a more energetic green (Forest Green?)

In general, I like the shared colors. gives the set some unity.

Jason
Old 09-12-2004, 05:49 PM

Also, why is the club the only one w/ three marks on the edge?

Jason
Old 09-12-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Number of edge spots

I was wondering if anyone would notice that, I began toying around with differnent numbered edge spots for all chips and felt the clubs looked better with 3(didn't want the rolling edge to be mostly black and some green) I had changed the hearts to three too, but got some comments, about the new hearts not looking so good, but left the clubs at three. three seemed kinda right I dunno why (actually i do, its cuz the club has three leaves). I may change the joker to three spots also to let more purple show on the rolling edges. I could make the blue chip 3 spots too to have it more even.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Number of edge spots

It was very easy as non-participating buyer in TenPercenters Egyptian chip group buy(discovered the deal on fri before the monday deadline!). All I had to do was go to the webpage he set up and enter the number of chips I wanted. He emailed me the "OK" that I was "IN' and charged the order to the escrow.com site (or something like that). I just paid them and my dough is sitting in escrow until I get the chips. Very easy. I think the final tally was between 7 and 8,000 chips and final cost to me is about 93cents per give or take. Thats w/art and shipping. Good deal for me.
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Edit: the hardest part is waiting for the dang things. Driving me crazy! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Number of edge spots

any estimate on art fees, shipping and escrow fees? i am definitly interested.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Estimates

estimates .64 perchip
.03 shipping to me
.03 art
.02 trays
+shipping to you(est $40) for 1000
+escrow $25-$50
.72 per chip before escrow and shipping
so total your probably looking at .80-.82 Shipped (estimated)

these are all estimates