Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 07:00 AM

Default KK in .01/.02 No Limit

I've just started to play no-limit on UB. I usually play limit at the same level. Please comment on play for this hand. This guy just sat at the table so I don't have a read on him. However, as I'm posting this, he has really come over the top when I or anyone shows any sign of weakness.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (5 handed)

Button ($.97)
SB ($1.07)
BB ($1.11)
UTG ($.44)
Hero ($1.63)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $0.07</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to $0.23</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.48) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $0.48</font>, Hero folds.

From his preflop play and his big bet here, I figured he had AA or AK.

Final Pot: $0.96
<font color="green">Main Pot: $0.48, won by SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $0.48, returned to SB.</font>
Old 09-11-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: KK in .01/.02 No Limit

In NL, it's a good idea to get used to throwing away pockets when an ace flops. If he's bluffing that much on every ace then you'll snap him off eventually. More likey he has a strong ace and you're drawing to two outs (or dead)

Also, this might get better replies in the NL forums.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:03 PM

Ok I played these games for awhile back when I was building up on UB and they are easy squeezy to beat. You could probably make a decent profit by waiting until you flopped the nuts and going all in and getting called, but thats boring and not nearly the most profitable way to play.

This is definitely the wrong forum though I never see any micro NL questions anywhere but I guess try the SS NL forum. Also, don't play these NL games shorthanded...I see this is 5 handed. You are going to get absolutely run over with your experience level, try to play at full tables where a tight solid strategy is best. I love playing these games like 3 and 4 handed and raising every single pot...I can easily make a profit because the players make laydowns like this one you are making...

On this hand I would just reraise all in preflop, if he has AA, he has it. If he has AK, its a great play until the Ace flops, but what can you do? His flop bet here could be anything but I think he probably had something like TT. This could have been alleviated by pushing all in preflop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-11-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is definitely the wrong forum though I never see any micro NL questions anywhere but I guess try the SS NL forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I didn't look hard enough. My bad.

[ QUOTE ]
On this hand I would just reraise all in preflop, if he has AA, he has it. If he has AK, its a great play until the Ace flops, but what can you do? His flop bet here could be anything but I think he probably had something like TT. This could have been alleviated by pushing all in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really thought about doing just this. But for some reason I decided against it. Right now I can't remember why. Something good to know for next time. Cause I'm sure this will happen again.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM

I agree that when possible, you should always try to get all-in pre-flop with Kings at these stakes. At this level you will get called with all kinds of worse hands.