Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Universal SNG results/stats Spreadsheet

nothing personal but if you have 40 bucks why not buy pokertracker. You don't really have to enter anything. Just import the emails and tourament histories.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:14 PM

One reason is that it doesn't work in ladbrokes, which is one of the sites I play on.

Secondly, from what I hear, it doesn't give the stats or flexability that my spreadsheet does.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I have it this way is actually so that I can avoid doing math and thinking too much. This is because I just fill in 45 minutes for ALL my tourneys no matter how long they take. I have been more precise in the past, but it just works out to an average anyways and these days I am focusing a lot more on individual tournament profit - And quality of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe - the reason I'm recording them is so I know the average time per tourny :-) I haven't played enough to grasp this yet. Also interested in time difference between going out 1st, 2nd, ... 10th, in the hope that it should shed some light on how agressive I should be early on in terms of hourly rate.

[ QUOTE ]

A truly precise spreadsheet would not even ask what the average number of simultaneous tourneys is, but would automatically calculate the actual time played based on start and finish times (as you suggest), ignoring overlap from multiple tourneys. It could also automatically calculate a 'true' average # of simultaneous tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I just got happy with my spreadsheet and then you set me a task like that! Back to the drawing board... this could get tricky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2004, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, as promised in an earlier thread, I have modified my spreadsheet to accomodate any sng buy-in.

Universal Spreadsheet

There may be problems with it still, and I have not implemented all the stats calculations that I want to (yet).

So, anyways, take a look at it and if any of you spot any bugs or errors let me know here. Also, let me know if there are any questions.

Remember, the only fields which should be filled in are the Grey 'Entries' fields. The rest will all happen automatically. (the 25 entries results included are just made up samples and should be deleted)

Any feedback would be appreciated

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work. I have my own that's somewhat similar.

For making running graphs, you can define "names" that use that OFFSET and COUNTA functions to dynamically change the source data as you enter new results.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

After a bit of search, I found stuff about this on the 'net:

Dynamic Name Ranges
Charting Dynamic Data
Old 09-11-2004, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Error message

Hi,

I would like to have this spreadsheet but I am getting an error message. Could you sort it out for me, please? Take your time, there's no hurry. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:49 AM

This is actually not the newest/best spreadsheet thread. The spreadsheet has since been expanded and modified and you should have no trouble getting it through this link:

http://www.tilthappens.com/files/2Plus2SNGV2.zip

I think my original is still on my site if you need that one (2-table, 3-table, or 6 player SNGS) but you probably cannot link to it and get it to download.

Manually go to

http://www.aleomagus.freeservers/Spreadsheet

and it should work

The tilthappens link is better for single table SNGs though so that might be all that you need to solve your problems

Regards
Brad S
Old 09-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Thanks very much. Great work. I will put a link on my website if you don't mind.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:05 PM

In the "Daily" tab I get a list of dates from Aug 1st to Aug 31st.

Is there an easy way to change that, and can I change it to show several months at a time?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:27 PM

AM,

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. It'll be a big help for me until I get pokertracker a few months from now.

Cheers!
Old 09-12-2004, 03:56 AM

I believe that the only reason you are seeing those dates is because they happen to be the sample dates listed in the entries page. If you input your own results, it should automatically change as you need it to.

Also, I think when I last checked there was a full year of daily results spaces, but you will need to scroll down in order to see them all.

(I actually didn't check that spreadsheet so I may be wrong but if memory serves, this is correct)

Hope this helps

Brad S