Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Ignored by ConJelco

Hi
On the 4th of August I ordered How to win... by Ed Miller and Sklansky by clicking on the link from 2+2. I filled out the order form, typed in my credit card # and it all looked OK.
Then the day after, I got a mail from a guy called Chuck asking me for my address without swedish characters (I live in Sweden), since their webform doesn't seem to support swedish characters. Anyway, I e-mailed it to him, in the exact way that I use at Party/Empire and other sites, all of which have sent me mail without any problems.
I asked my friends (who also have addresses with swedish characters in it) how long it took for them to get the book, and they all said like 3-4 days or so.
So after 3 weeks of waiting, I e-mailed Chuck and asked him where my book was. He replied that he'd check with the warehouse that the books were shipped from. It's been 2 weeks more and I haven't heard a word from him, haven't got the book either. I've e-mailed him twice during this period, but he's not answering my e-mails.
I'm considering to file a complaint at my bank and make them withdraw the funds that were drawn from my cerdit card on the 4th of August.
Any tips what to do, anyone from 2+2 that could help me with this?

Thanks,
N G
Old 09-10-2004, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Ignored by ConJelco

Sorry your having problems. The "Chuck" you refer to is Chuck Weinstock. (Head honcho at Conjelco and operator of this forum)

You might try and use the feedback key located in the column on the left and see if you have any luck that way. I've always had good dealings with Chuck, I'm sure it's just an oversight.

Look to the left, scroll down to feedback and send Mason a email. Maybe he can look into it for you.

Husker
Old 09-10-2004, 05:15 AM

They got swamped with orders I'm sure and possibly yours was getting lost in the shuffle somehow.
Not making excuses for them, but I think most of us would agree than we've always received good service from Chuck and the gang.

Also, a remote possibility: I've seen several posts on these forums from people really upset about lousy customer-service from such-and-such site because they never get their e-mails responded to.
After someone suggests 'Hey, check you spam/junk folder. Sometimes the e-mails suddenly start getting shipped there for some reason' there is frequently a response of 'Oh yeah. There they are.'

So check you spam-folder and make sure that he hasn't been trying to contact you all this time.

Also - Mason (and sometimes Chuck) seem to frequently read the Books/Software forum. Try posting this information over there and I'm sure they will respond.

Whatever you do: Don't Cancel The Order!!!!
The book is worth it. Sorry you've had to wait but hopefully it will get straightened out.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:59 AM

Hi Bob!
Thanks for your reply. I don't have a spam folder at the company I work for. I have received an e-mail from Chuck, but that was 2 weeks ago.
I won't cancel the order, since the funds were drawn from my credit card instantly :\

Thanks
N G
Old 09-10-2004, 08:11 AM

If the books have been sent to Sweden by surface mail, I don't think you should start worrying until after two months. This is based on personal experience with similar packages.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:38 AM

Not making excuses but they must be really swamped! I have worked with Chuck several times and he has always been prompt and concise. He even sent me a couple of emails several years ago when I was having technical problems with these 2+2 forums. You should try pm'ing him from this site. Look for his posts in the books and software forum.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 10:52 AM

chuck is the busiest guy at this place. however, it is not normal for you to not hear back like that. i'm making this post because i happen to know that he is traveling till monday, so if he does not get back to you before then, don't get angrier.

this is the first complaint i have ever seen on a non-delivered item, so i am sure he will resolve it. just realize that he probably won't answer till monday, then go from there.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:01 PM

I also live in Sweden and I recently ordered some books from ConJelCo.

The shipment took about a month and I was, just like u, getting a little worried. So I mailed Chuck and he instantly replied that I shoud confirm my adress so he could send an a replacement order.

But that was never necessary as the books arrived a couple of days later.

So, try to e-mail him again, I'm sure he just lost your mail or something.

//Marcus
Old 09-10-2004, 04:16 PM

see this is why you buy off amazon, you also save a ton of money.