Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 03:47 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default What To Do?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="red"> please no preflop discussion </font>

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero...

I thought until the time ticked down to 3. At the time, I thought to myself that I'm probably getting odds to counterfeit his 2 pair, since it's unlikely he either slowplayed aces-up like this, or that he didn't raise AQ. I don't think this is right though, because he COULD'VE slowplayed A9 or A7, and 99 or 77 were very strong possibilities. I'm clearly behind.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Re: What To Do?

I'm folding.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:54 PM

Fold. Even if he's overplaying a pair of Aces, you're beat. If he's making a move on you, then good for him.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:55 PM

You're obviously behind, as you said. You're getting 8.5-1 when you could very well be drawing dead. At best you're drawing to 3 or 6 outs. I don't see any reason to keep playing here.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:14 PM

When I was at Lucky Chances this old Asian man had a habit of kissing his chips before he tossed them in to call a bet on the turn or river. Here I wouldn't kiss the chips; I'd just kiss the cards g'bye.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was at Lucky Chances this old Asian man had a habit of kissing his chips before he tossed them in to call a bet on the turn or river. Here I wouldn't kiss the chips; I'd just kiss the cards g'bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

An instant classic.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:18 PM

The fact alone that SB cold called 2 bets on the flop tells you a lot. Once he comes out of the bushes with a check-raise on the turn, I think you have to release it as there is no card in the deck I would feel would make me a confident winner here.

Garland
Old 09-09-2004, 04:21 PM

Hey,

Did this guy have a cap, yellow jacket and tips with $2 bills? I know exactly who you're talking about. Uncle Bill ring a bell?

Garland
Old 09-09-2004, 04:22 PM

Well without knowing what kind of player he is...yes fold....but if you have been picking up on his chases...he possibly might have been excited to see his straight or flush draw....then call and see how the river goes...

Aside from you having 6-7 outs you should fold
sounds like the queen was his 2 pair

anyway good fold nothing to be ashamed of =)
Old 09-09-2004, 04:25 PM

He had a hat, but I don't remember the $2 bills. He also said, "Ah, no gooood!" a lot at showdown. I can't imagine there's more than one of him there, so I guess we're talking about the same guy. Seemed like a 6/12 regular.

The really weird thing at Lucky Chances was seeing the woman who used to be the hostess at a Chinese restaurant I used to go to all the time in San Francisco serving drinks. The world is way too small sometimes.