Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 02:01 PM

Default AQs in the BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated, but mainly I'm thinking I should have raised the turn.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: AQs in the BB

You could bet the turn and fold to a raise, which I like a lot more than check-raising.

If there was ever a river to fold, this was it.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:56 PM

Why oh why would you raise the turn? UTG capped the flop against the preflop raiser on a paired board and there's another guy cold-calling.

Fold the river.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:26 PM

The flop cap means only one thing: Get out of town on the first available bus.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:30 PM

Wow! That river call was something else. It paired the board for the SECOND time AND completed a flush. 3 of kind, 4 of kind, full house and flush all beat 2-pair. Don't call that river 2 cold.

I think check/calling the turn was fine. UTG loves his hand and UTG + 1 is likely a flush or OES draw. He has the odds to call both times.

What is strange to me that if UTG had a nine why didn't he 3-bet the river? Maybe he had AQ? That would suck if u were up against A and K high flush.

I'm curious about the results. Do you have them? Knowing these guys it's probably a big pair they didn't raise on the flop.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 PM

This is party .50/1, care to guess what the flop capper had?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:45 PM

Sweet **** all? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 03:57 PM

Default some things to think about

Pre flop is correct.
On the flop I prob play the same I might just call and check raise the turn. I figure you have the best hand at this point. Also if the raiser is bettin on his draw for a free turn card let's say, then he is right to 4 bet for the same reason. So 3 betting the flop doesn't really get u any more info.
So lets say you check raise the turn u can lay it down to a 3 bet unless the guy is a maniac.
You can def get rid on the river.