Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Strategy needed for the Paradise WPF Foxwoods sattelites

Has anybody tried the Paradise multi table satellites for the WPT main event at Foxwoods?

I played one yesterday and I am really not sure what the best approach to these mini tournaments is. For those who don't know, these are for all intents and purposes $10 rebuy super satellites. The blinds go up every 6 minutes and the rebuy period lasts for the 1st hour. These events generally run about one and a half hours.

At the frequency with which the blinds increase you can't really be patient and wait for a premium hand. Also, the rebuy period lasts for 2 thirds of the entire event! So it seems there is a considerable amount of luck in these.

What's the best approach to playing an event like this?

Thanks,

Bubbagump
Old 09-07-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Strategy needed for the Paradise WPF Foxwoods sattelites

Played and won a seat to tonight's yesterday.
I can tell you how I played.
I played only premium hands until after the add on period.
I purchased an add-on even though I probably didn't need one. I then lossened my opening requirements a bit.

Because it is a rebuy event people play wild and crazy at the start so you are better off playing premium hands only.

After the rebuy period is over you will find most players settle down because they are afraid of being knocked out. THat's when you should take advantage of their tightness by loosening up a bit.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:31 AM

I couldn't find this promotion on the website. Could you give me more information on this sat? What do they give away in addition to the seat? Travel expenses? How many seats have they been normally giving away and how often do these run?

Any information would be helpful. My brother already won a seat playing down at foxwoods but it's tough for me to get down there on a thursday night.

Thanks

Peace

Goodie
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find this promotion on the website. Could you give me more information on this sat? What do they give away in addition to the seat? Travel expenses? How many seats have they been normally giving away and how often do these run?

[/ QUOTE ]

The $10 R&A's run all day everyday. And generally, I have seen an average of 10 seats awarded. The next tournament up is held at least a couple times a week but I don't know how many seats they are averaging. If I ever win a seat in the $10 event I will investigate this further. They had one either last night or monday night, and the next one is thursday.

You can find all the info you want by going to the tournament section and clicking on the sattellite tab.

Bubbagump
Old 09-08-2004, 12:38 PM

I played in the $100 event last night after winning my way in the $10 R&A event.

The $100 event ended up paying out 2 seats as well as cash for 3rd-5th.

I unfortunately busted out around 70ish after pushing all in with QQ and running into KK.

Cheers,
Bernas