Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2004, 11:27 AM

Default KK on the button

10/20 B&M

UTG limps, a rock raises in EP, a tight player cold calls in CO, I reraise black kings on the button, blinds & UTG fold, rock & tight player call.

Flop: Ah As Jc

rock checks, tight player bets, I fold.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: KK on the button

Awful.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:40 PM

My decision would have been between calling and raising. Is CO tricky at all or very straightforward?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:10 PM

I wouldn't fold quite yet, but calling all the way is no way to play it either.

Raise the flop, if the rock calls or you are 3-bet, then I'm not putting in any more chips in the pot.

If the rock folds and the CO calls, it would be close for me whether to bet or check on the turn.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:23 PM

CO was tight/passive
Old 09-04-2004, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't fold quite yet, but calling all the way is no way to play it either.

Raise the flop, if the rock calls or you are 3-bet, then I'm not putting in any more chips in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take one off if three bet. Although the rock likely has an ace, the pot has grown enough that it might be worth taking one off in order to hit a full. Also keep in mind that the rock might check the turn (because he is worried about his kicker). Now you get two chances to hit your king.

Downside is one of your opponents could very well have AK meaning you draw dead. Or you can hit a king on the turn and the trip aces fill up on the river.

Keep in mind in loose aggressive LA, even rocks overplay hands on the flop so you don't have to be behind here.

~ Rick
Old 09-04-2004, 09:03 PM

hi 45

on a percentage basis, tight players will more often be bluffing than aggressive players. the reason this doesn't seem possible is because they often only bluff when their getting the fold is most probable. however, when you dio catch a tight bluffing, it's catastrophic for their session. they stop bluffing completely, and you would be amazed at how it throws their game off. if you haven't caught this tight bluffing yet, you should try to do so here. reraise and call him down. catching QQ here for the tight is just like catching a total bluff. if you do catch him with the QQ, for the remainder of the session, if he bets-out strongly, you can safely fold. if he checks, you can bluff him off his hand.

the tight's game collapses when he gets caught. you must find develop a sense of situations in which the tight might be bluffing, and then call him down.