Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 11:18 AM

Default 43s

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls

Now what?
Old 09-03-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 43s

fold preflop. playing these small suited connectors gets you into exactly these kinds of situations, making non-not straights and low flushes that will cost you money in the long run.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:18 PM

Yes, I realize I should probably be folding this preflop but I didn't. So the question remains....now what?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM

since you didn't fold pf, i would have folded on the flop. on the turn, you get the only card that helps your hand, and the card you were praying for after calling the flop bet, so cap it on up. If he leads into you again on the river, just call.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I realize I should probably be folding this preflop but I didn't. So the question remains....now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

slap yourself for pushing garbage pf
Old 09-03-2004, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the reply MAxx.

I feel like I'm falling back into some old bad habits here so I've posted a few hands recently that have been marginal at best. It's time to re-evaluate some things and plug some leaks.

FWIW, I called the turn, and the river was the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet, only UTG+1 called and my hand was good against his trip sixes. I think I'm getting too results oriented lately. Need to work on that.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place, but you know that already. By then end of the hand, you are either way ahead or way behind, and I would guess you are about 3:7 to be way ahead. The pot is laying you over 10:1 to call. You should check &amp; call to minimize your likely losses, but give yourself an opportunity to win. Its usually correct to call on the river if you made it that far.