Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Foxwoods - WPF Satellites Saturday Sept. 11th

Hi all

If anyone will be down at foxwoods Saturday Sept. 11th, I'll be there playing WPF Rd. 1 Sats and possibly a Rd. 2. We'll be there around 10:30 am. I would enjoy meeting a few fellow 2+2'ers.

Take care

Fred
Old 09-03-2004, 10:12 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Foxwoods - WPF Satellites Saturday Sept. 11th

I'm not sure yet which day I'll be there (making it on both Saturday and Sunday is unlikely), it depends somewhat on my wife's mood, but I could be there around 10am tomorrow (alternative is 9am on Sunday); I plan to play 4-8. I might also take a flyer on an Act I if my wife grants me enough time for both a couple of hours or so of ring and the SNG (I'm more comfortable with limit ring games, so that's my priority) and I don't take a bath at the ring game. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm about 5'9", overweight (about a 48" waist), medium to light brown hair and a beard (both with a few grey hairs, not too many), and plan to wear a grey "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!" polo shirt, and will be using a ~3" tall plastic Count Duckula figurine (see my avatar) for a card protector. If I'm there on both Sat. & Sun., I'll be wearing a different polo shirt (one is navy with thin horizontal stripes, and the other is blue with broad light & dark horizontal stripes and a light blue collar) one of the days. I'll be wearing black jeans both days (that's all I packed for the trip).

-Mike
Old 09-03-2004, 12:16 PM

Good Luck. I may be there myself. If I am I'll either be wearing my Foxwoods jacket I won for getting a Royal Flush or my Eli Manning jersey and Bud Light hat.

If you could, could you tell us what you thought of the Act II if you play any? I finally played my Act II last Sunday and was expecting some pretty good players. I felt that I was sitting with a bunch of chumps. Only 1 or 2 decent players. I lost taking a bad beat on a hand I was a 3 to 1 favorite on. I felt that the players were actually better in the Act I I played.

Good luck.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:25 PM

I keep thinking of trying one of those Act I satellites, but I don't think they'll let me in, 'cause I don't have a hat and shades to wear.

I might be down there this weekend, but if I am, no one will recognize me, and I won't identify myself if I spot any of you.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:34 PM

Hi all

If I'm down there, I might be wearing an ultimate bet hat (given to my mother in law by Annie Duke for me, so it's automatically a religious artifact), possibly shades but I haven't gotten any yet (LOL). I'll know more the night before so I can tell you what I'm wearing. I'm a white male, dk brown (almost black) hair, 5' 10", 24 yrs. old. That describes approximately half of the field in my age range, hahahh!

Interesting about the round II being worse. Are you sure it wasn't just a matter of decent players in the round 1 tourneys being nervous because they spent $150 and lost their ability to play a decent TAG? LOL

...Or maybe they just watch too much of Gus Hansen and think it's the way to go! Sad part is, we only see a miniscule fraction of what these guys play, so I'm willing to bet their styles are quite different from what is portrayed on TV.

Come on down you guys! Need some action!

Fred
Old 09-03-2004, 12:52 PM

I think I'm going to go down on Sunday to play either Omaha8 or the baby no-limit holdem game (my live play bankroll is still recovering from a bad run in AC a couple months ago). I might try the Acts, too, but we'll see. I'm about 6'4", brown hair, late twenties, wearing (probably) khakis and a black shirt of some sort. I'll be one of the few twentysomethings there not wearing sunglasses and a hat.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:14 PM

I've won 2 of those Royal Flush jackets and never kept them.

Don't you think FW could spring for a better quality jacket or fleece pullover?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:16 PM

Hey, I got me one o' them jackets the first time I ever went to Foxwoods to play poker.

For that matter, it was my first time ever playing hold 'em in a B&M.

Seemed like a nice way to start. Yeah, it's pretty cheesy, but it beats chip tricks.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:36 PM

lol. Yeah I wish they could spring for a better jacket, but I still like it.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 AM

Just a reminder - anyone going this Saturday besides me?