Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Bet the turn with 3 of a kind on board?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero ???

What's my action and why? Check or bet this kind of flop vs. 4 people?

-Sent
Old 09-02-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Bet the turn with 3 of a kind on board?

Bet it
Old 09-02-2004, 05:22 PM

I am tempted to bet it. One piece of information that would help is how the (2) UTG callers had been playing.

If they are semi-reasonable, there are not many hands that you would ply a hand with a single 6. Two off the top of my head would be A6s or K6s(even this would be loose UTG... but depending on game conditions could be reasonable.). There is always the possiblity, that one of the played A6o.

At this point there is probably more concern about another (8) rather than a 4th 6.

I have a feeling that you will be checkraised here, and that presents a problem, because it would be difficult to respect it since someone with an (8) should of bet/raised the flop.

I guess I would check this and call the inevitable bet on the river. Because I think, if you were checkraised it just creates a more difficult decision in calling the raise.

Yes I would bet the flop.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:55 PM

If my count is right you have 7 big bets in the pot and 10 outs. 4 of your outs (6,8) are a chop if called but I bet it. Your play so far looks as much like a big PP as AKs. Maybe you run out one of your chops or take it down right there.

If it's raised I call and flip a coin on the river if I don't improve.

Best of Luck
Old 09-02-2004, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If my count is right you have 7 big bets in the pot and 10 outs. 4 of your outs (6,8) are a chop if called but I bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way off here. An 8 is only a chop if the case 6 isn't in someone's hand, and no one has a pocket pair higher than 8s. And the case 6 is only a chop if someone else has an A.

I'd go ahead and bet the turn. If you get check-raised, you can re-evaluate based on your read of that opponent.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:16 PM

Value bet your AK high.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-02-2004, 07:39 PM

Okay

What I should have said was you "may" have as many as 10 outs and sevral are anything but clean.

I was taking for granted that the 6 would have bet out and if someone has a 6 or an 8 they clearly are not outs. That's what I was refering to when I said if I was check raised on the turn I would call and then flip coin on the river.

Is this a little closer?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was taking for granted that the 6 would have bet out and if someone has a 6 or an 8 they clearly are not outs. That's what I was refering to when I said if I was check raised on the turn I would call and then flip coin on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. Wasn't trying to criticize, just pointing out that they aren't full, clean outs necessarily.

Personally if I had a 6 I wouldn't bet out on the flop. You've got the deck so crippled it's one of the times it's better to slowplay the flop, and hope your opponents make a second best hand on the turn. If they hit the turn, they'll do the betting for you. I remember once flopping quad Q's out of the BB, check/calling the flop, and watching as my 3 opponents capped the turn and the river, with me playing the happy role of the calling station the whole way.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember once flopping quad Q's out of the BB, check/calling the flop, and watching as my 3 opponents capped the turn and the river, with me playing the happy role of the calling station the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same thing happen with 6's about a month ago but I was on the button and it was capped every street and all I got to do was call.

No problem on the critiqing I've got thick skin. That's why I'm here.