Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Enough already

[ QUOTE ]
I expected lots of pointless ass kissing, I haven't seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither have I really.
I've seen:
Matusow is a jerk in about 10 threads
Erin Ness is kinda-sorta decent looking all over the place
Doyle is God and the kid (forget is name) is not.
The Crew is really gay and we all hate Dutch Boyd

All of the Go-Greg-Go threads that I've seen came when the actual tournament was taking place and people were posting updates.
It hasn't been that pro-Greg in my view....it's just hard NOT to take his side in that whole hand-shake bit whether he is one of 'our guys' or not.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:09 AM

Don't misunderstand me, I think Mr. Reymer is a great player and an excellent chapion, but if Madasow had won the tourney (and don't kid yourselves he very well could have)we'd all be singing a very different tune, we'd all back Mike and say how much of an ass Reymer is when Mike was only kidding.
I like both players and think both have great styles and great personalities. I just agree that there has been alot of ass kissing and side taking mearly to back a champ.

Again both players are great and Greg is an excellent guy, but he's not perfect and we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't realize the judgments get skewed by who wins.

Cody
Old 09-02-2004, 01:12 AM

No. Matasow would still be an ass.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...if Madasow had won the tourney, we'd all be singing a very different tune, we'd all back Mike and say how much of an ass Reymer is when Mike was only kidding....we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't realize the judgments get skewed by who wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people on this forum knew Greg for years before he won this year's WSOP.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Matasow would still be an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, I think if Scott Fishman or Dutch Boyd won the main event, many here would not feel the same as they do about Greg. If Hellmuth won this year do you think noone would say how much of a baby he acts like???

Didn't think so...
Old 09-02-2004, 01:35 AM

I think you grossly underestimate the intelligence of most posters here.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 AM

yeah a lot of people knew him on here, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to kiss his ass. I think everyone on here thinks he is a nice guy and a good player, but when you start hearing posts like, "wow what a play, I can't believe he played back at him with nothing." You know what, its not that big of a deal. I have done that before, as have many other people.
I want to make clear that I am in no way bad mouthing Greg, in fact I can say with complete honesty that he is a better player than me, but there is a lot of internet blow jobs going on around here. People just be objective in regards to Raymer and actually be objective in regards to everyone. I see too many people on here belitiling other players for no other reason than just because there annoying, an ass, ugly, or "stupid". thats my 2 cents.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:53 AM

I think there's not so much ass-kissing as there is simply a lack of bashing. Most pros and recent Main Event winners have (rightly or wrongly) attracted some hecklers (Harrington and Ferguson being the exceptions I can think of). I think you're interpreting the lack of bashers as a glut of fanboys.

I, for one, am glad that a guy with as much skill and class as Raymer won the main event this year. If that makes me an ass-kisser, so be it.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if Madasow had won the tourney (and don't kid yourselves he very well could have)we'd all be singing a very different tune, we'd all back Mike and say how much of an ass Reymer is when Mike was only kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the stupidest thing I've read today.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:37 PM

Default i could\'nt agree with you anymore than...

[ QUOTE ]
yeah a lot of people knew him on here, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to kiss his ass. I think everyone on here thinks he is a nice guy and a good player, but when you start hearing posts like, "wow what a play, I can't believe he played back at him with nothing." You know what, its not that big of a deal. I have done that before, as have many other people.
I want to make clear that I am in no way bad mouthing Greg, in fact I can say with complete honesty that he is a better player than me, but there is a lot of internet blow jobs going on around here. People just be objective in regards to Raymer and actually be objective in regards to everyone. I see too many people on here belitiling other players for no other reason than just because there annoying, an ass, ugly, or "stupid". thats my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i already do. well put. reminds me of how folks are heralding Greg's bluff play with that 10 x crap hand when all it turned out to be was just a dumb waste of chips. if a lower stakes maniac would have made that play, folks would rip him for being a loose, don't-know-no-better prick bleeding off chips. when Greg bled off those chips with a crap hand it's, "What a bold reraise". let's be real.