Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Getting Slowrolled

I accidentally slowrolled someone in a live game because he tabled his top two pair and for about 10 seconds i thought it beat my trips. I felt bad and apologized.

-SmileyEH
Old 09-01-2004, 05:50 AM

ive slowrolled people by accident a few times now. multitabling or surfing whilst playing (yes, bad Phill) have contributed.

ive also been told im slowrolling when deciding how to play certain hands for maximum damage. eg, once, three handed, i could of folded to an almost certain second, but i had a chance to double through on the bullets. it was almost the first time ive folded them. they accused me of slowrolling.

i told them what i tell everyone who gets pissed at peoples slowness. its 30 seconds. someone slowrolls you, so what. forget it and move on.

and in your case, they werent nessacerally doing so. i once had to wait and easy 4 minutes whilst playing omaha, as one of my friends tried to work out if his ace high straight was truly the nuts on the river, or i had him beat somehow. sometimes people need a little time. we all get brain freezes.

now people who constantly type zzzzz when someone times out. that i hate. what, do you guys really think theyll reconnect suddenly just cos you show you cant wait for 30 seconds?????

but thats another story.

Phill
Old 09-01-2004, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last two party sitngo's I've played in now someone has slowrolled me before calling my all-in with the nuts. That place is ridiculous. It's full of horrible players that are also assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like you?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 PM

I think it's read dependent. Guessing that after more than a few hands at your table I would do it also.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When someone hesistates along time to call your all-in with the nuts do you get pissed? Or just say "nh"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you get pissed AND say "nh"?

Anyway, everytime you get pissed at a table, it means you are losing, or about to lose, some money, at this table, at another table you're playing at the same time, or at the next game. So I woudn't look for reasons to get pissed. If someone decides, knowingly, to slowroll his call with the nuts for 15 more seconds, he's an idiot, and I wouldn't care too much about it. It's not that these 15 seconds really mean anything. Why bother even thinking about it.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:26 PM

Ok first of all KQ is the nuts on an AJT rainbow flop, however it is vulnerable. I have had two occasions recently where I have had the nut straight and been sucked out on for all my chips. One I had JQ and flopped AKT ,the guy went all-in which I called of course, he flipped up AJ and hit runner J's to bust me. The second time I went all-in(trying to protect my hand)got called by a K9d and he hit running diamonds. Ever since then I'm not so willing to risk all my chips with a straight even if it is the nuts on the flop. I'm not saying I don't call the bet but I might be a little hesitant.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so willing to risk all my chips with a straight even if it is the nuts on the flop. I'm not saying I don't call the bet but I might be a little hesitant.

[/ QUOTE ]
really?

Not calling with the nuts because someone might suck out is pretty weak dont ya think? What do you do without the nuts? Why hesitate at all if you are going to call? Not calling is absurd.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:29 AM

Wow,

I think I will start slow rolling people as it sure seems to bother some of you. Jason is right who cares, get over it, if you beat him next hand, slow roll back.

If this irritates you that much you have a leak in your game, IMO.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 AM

people who do that are going to get a bullseye on their head. Then people will go out of their way to bust you. Just call and flip your cards over like your played before in your life. People who do this end up getting nailed later on.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:26 AM

you miss my point. and FWIW i don't slow roll.

I just think it's hilarious how tense some of you get on the subject. It's a sign of a huge leak. Should be like water off a duck